Financial Services Operations Specialist
- Job Label:
A successful Account Operations Coordinator will bring a dynamic personality and a continuous improvement mindset to growing asset management and trust custody operation.
We seek a proven self-starter with an owner/operator mentality who must bring strong ownership and accountability to organization. A successful candidate will bring strong compliance mindset, excellent oral and written communication skills, and passion for excellence. Timely, clear, and responsive communication via phone and email with our independent financial advisors are required.
The Account Operations Coordinator position requires thorough knowledge of the brokerage and retirement plan industry with an in-depth understanding of organizational policies & procedures.
- Processing existing account requests, which include investment change of service requests, model changes, account maintenance items, cost basis, contributions, redemptions and termination requests
- Satisfying advisors with timely, complete, knowledgeable and responsive communications regarding requests that are not in good order (NIGO)
- Using outstanding customer focus with strong outbound/inbound phone skills to assist Financial Advisors in resolving open issues.
- Working as a team player and continuously meet or exceed service standards
- Working as a self-directed problem solver with focus on execution, accountability and ownership
- Assisting other areas and training cross-functionally in various operational tasks
- Researching complex issues with internal partners and responding to financial advisors, and/or internal client requests via telephone and/or email
- Assessing risk and minimizing the organization exposure or liability regarding client issues
- Communicating effectively with functional peers and leaders in related functional areas in order to create an excellent customer service experience consistent with AssetMark values
- 2-3 years of Financial Operations experience in Securities Industry
- Knowledge and prior experience in finance is preferred so you can communicate directly to Financial Advisors on topics such as IRA’s, accounting, stocks, mutual funds, etc
- A series 6 FINRA license is required (we will accept a Series 7 if you already hold a current one). If you do not possess a minimum of a Series 6 license upon hire, then you will be required to obtain the Series 6 within 90 days of hire.
- Outstanding Customer Focus; with experience working in fast paced customer service environment - bubbly and friendly personalities are desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must
- Detailed individual; energized by driving change and process improvement
- Ability to meet or exceed deadlines in a productive work environment
- Self-directed, problem solver with focus on execution, accountability and ownership
- Strong computer skills with emphasis in Microsoft Word and Excel
AssetMark, Inc. is a leading strategic provider of groundbreaking investment and consulting solutions created to serve independent financial advisors and help them create great outcomes for their clients. Through a consistent program of engagement, education and community-building, AssetMark brings like-minded advisors together to share their ideas, experiences and solutions. This collaboration guides our development of investment, client relationship and practice management tools that advisors can tap to help clients achieve their investment objectives and life goals.
We are always seeking bright, creative, energetic individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. AssetMark is an innovative organization, delivering the best services in the industry. We offer a rewarding work environment, competitive salaries, full benefits, and excellent opportunities for career growth. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area. We also have regional offices in Chicago, IL, Phoenix, AZ, Encino, CA, and State College, PA. Become a part of our growing team today!
- Related Keywords:
- financial, account, investment, financial advisors, customer service, account operations, coordinator, securities, brokerage, retirement plan, FINRA, Series 6, financial services