Our Member Services Representatives play a key role in representing the California Credit Union brand by providing exceptional service while performing transactions efficiently and accurately; presenting them the opportunity to provide top-notch, professional, and friendly interactions with members and employees.
Provide exceptional service to customers by processing transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with established policies and procedures. Connecting members with teammates through referrals; making the financial lives of our members better. Demonstrate our brand attributes in all actions and provide an excellent experience for the member.
- Process teller transactions (deposits, payments, withdrawals, checking-cashing, etc.).
- Maintain adequate cash supply within limits; balance cash drawer daily.
- Assist with back office functions.
- Cross-sell products and services; identify and recommend appropriate services that best meet members’ needs and result in quality sales.
- Participate in sales promotions and meet referral goals.
- Answer member inquiries while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations, and consumer privacy policies.
At a higher level:
- Handle more complex member inquiries and issues.
- Accurate and timely input of all new account and account maintenance information.
- Provide regulatory disclosures to all members.
Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- A background in sales is highly desirable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- High school diploma or GED.
- MSR I: One year of previous customer service, sales, and cash handling experience in retail, banking, or food service.
- MSR II: One year of experience in a Teller/Member Services Representative role. Prior call center, banking, or credit union experience desired. Experience cross-selling bank/credit union products and services. Knowledge of regulations related to financial institutions.