Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Lead the overall financial analysis for a major customer care & billing (CC&B) implementation project. This will include: partnering with the project Managing Director & Project Manager to prepare and understand operational budgets, performing analysis and challenging assumptions (where necessary) on key budget inputs received from supplier partners, serving as a key liaison between the FP&A group and other budgeting functions within the organization.
- Lead the preparation of the monthly forecasted financial performance of the project
- Lead the monthly variance analysis
- Coordinate the analysis of cost improvement opportunities
- Responsible for making significant formatting and/or reporting changes to the system
- Verifying costs are allocated and charged appropriately to the project
- Coordinate the company’s efforts to gather, analyze and report benchmarking data with other peer utilities
- Support the ad hoc requests from senior management and the ownership group
Roles at this level require industry specific experience. Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. With < 7 years of relevant experience. Certifications are often required.
Preferred: MBA or CPA
- Excellent analytical ability in analyzing budget variances and performing fluctuation analyses;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written to communicate and discuss findings with Senior Management
Primary Focus is on daily deliverables, outputs and reporting. Typically accountable for managing ones own time and work flow. Responsibilities are generally tactical in nature and work is typically complex in nature requiring the incumbent to draw on previous knowledge to perform role. Has a well established capabilities, acts as a resource to less experienced staff on routine issues.
Problems and issues faced are vague. Draws on significant past experience to perform role. Proficient in the body of knowledge of given discipline or speciality area. Accountable for direct level of reasoning and decision making.
May coordinate the work flow of a given team. May support the review of work and training of other employees.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.