- JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- Provides customer service for multiple lines of business and ensures accurate financial payment for account resolution under the guidance of higher level Financial Specialists. Acts as a contact for inquiries for internal/external customers. Trains for higher level Financial Specialist roles while learning SHS policies and procedures.
- DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
- The Regional Business Office is responsible for the accurate and timely follow-up on claims for services provided at all lines of business in all service locations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College preferred.
- One (1) year collections, finance/accounting or medical billing experience required.
- One (1) year medical business office experience preferred.
- Experience or training in the following preferred:
- EPIC Software.
- ICD-9 or CPT.
- Medical Terminology.
- Confidentiality: Knowledge of the importance of confidentiality.
- Communication: Communicate information verbally and in writing so others will understand.
- Customer Service: Ability to communicate to people internal and external to the organization and to represent the organization to customers, the public and external sources.
- Problem Solving: Ability to identify problems and review related information using logic and reasoning to evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Team Building: Ability to work as part of a team or on your own.
- Basic knowledge of policies and procedures related to the resolution of accounts/claims, and of Government and Commercial insurance compliance/regulatory/billing standards.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(1 - 10% of the time)
(11 - 33% of the time)
(34 - 66% of the time)
(67 – 100% of the time)
CLIMB - STAIRS
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 0 - 20 Lbs
CARRY 1-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
CARRY 2-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
BEND FORWARD at waist
KNEEL (on knees)
WALK - LEVEL SURFACE
ROTATE TRUNK Standing
REACH - Upward
PUSH (20-40 pounds force)
PULL (0-20 pounds force)
ROTATE TRUNK Sitting
REACH - Forward
MANUAL DEXTERITY Hands/wrists