SUMMARY: This role, which performs all transactions typically associated with both the Teller Line and Platform, focuses on 100% client satisfaction while maintaining operational soundness and achieving market, branch and personal goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
* Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, and examines checks for endorsements.
* Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
* Enters customers' transactions into computer to record transactions, and issues computer generated receipts.
* Places holds on accounts as appropriate.
* Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
* Explains, promotes, refers, or sells Bank products or services such as accounts, loans, traveler's checks, money orders, and cashier's checks in the branch or via telemarketing. Meets or exceeds assigned goals.
* Performs outbound calls and set appointments for Producing Market Leader and/or Small Business Specialist in accordance with market initiatives and/or branch goals. Contributes to meeting branch sales goals.
* Cross-trains on the products and operational processes associated with the Platform and assists clients with related activities.
* Opens and processes all types of accounts, products, and/or services for customers after consulting with them on their specific needs. Assists customers whenever possible. Refers customer to appropriate business line as needed to ensure customer needs are met.
* Achieves individual referral goals for cross selling of all credit, non-credit and fee income goals
* Maintains knowledge of current products, policies, procedures and regulations as it relates to position.
* Adheres to all current policies, procedures and regulations as it relates to position.
* Processes transactions from automated teller machine and night depository.
* Responds professionally to customer inquiries or problems.
* Assists customers with safe deposit box transactions.
* Fills in for Operations Specialist when absent.
* May order daily supply of cash, and counts incoming cash.
* Under dual control, balances cash in automated teller machines and night depository.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus three years related experience and/or training. Must have excellent customer service, sales, risk management and cash operations experience. Level I requires at least one year of cash handling (preferably Teller) experience. Level II requires at least two years of Teller and one year of Platform experience. Level III must be fully trained in both Teller and Platform functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled