Octagon Talent is seeking a Financial Analyst to be an analytics leader, responsible for a variety of initiatives, including projections, controllership, what-if analysis, and other complex business modeling. The Analyst is expected to contribute as a leader, and to influence management and corporate executives as part of a fast paced and high growth environment. The role operates in a matrix reporting structure with direct report to division finance as well as responsibility to regional operations leaders and managed care leaders.
- Analyze historical and projected financial and operational information, with the goal of delivering actionable recommendations for improvement to managed care operations.
- Lead the monthly financial and workplan review process, as part of the division presentations, and at the region level with operations leaders.
- Proforma development, financial modeling, valuation analysis, and other complex business modeling.
- Design and develop standardized tools and templates to provide self-service solutions to contracting teams, utilizing large datasets from information systems.
- Maintain and develop thorough understanding of existing and future managed care payment methodologies in order to recommend improvements to corporate infrastructure and managed care operations, in support of the changing marketplace.
- Develop comprehensive, timely, and statistically valid presentations on quality, utilization and cost/charge data, in support of contract negotiations, using large datasets from clinical information systems.
- Manage information and lead initiatives across functional departments, including managed care, finance, information management, and revenue cycle operations.
- Interface with key executives and client leaders, and liaise with operating locations on various financial, and operational issues.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, or other analytical field; advanced degree not required
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Structured thinking
- Strong customer service focus
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence software (Cognos, Hyperion, Business Objects, etc)
- Familiarity with large scale ERP, billing/collections, or G/L package (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, etc)
Additional Experience Requirements
- VBA skills required
- SQL experience preferred
- IBM COGNOS Analytics experience preferred
- IBM Planning Analytics experience preferred