Move product from departments: Stuffing or pack floor to and from Ovens and/or dry rooms to coolers by performing the following duties.
- Move product to designated area
- Knowledge of HACCP (CCP’s)
- Knowledge of stuffing and pack floor food machinery
- Learn product and wipe codes
- Inspection of product and its quality
- Recording product type and weight
- Comply with all Personnel, Safety, Food safety and company polices and procedures, including production standards.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and
- Customer Service Skills - Responds promptly to customer needs.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior Power Industrial Truck certification.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Inventory software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification, good interpersonal skills.
- Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strategic Thinking - Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to see in dark places (back and top bays) and load portable carts
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and extreme cold. Temperatures are between 32 to 42 degrees for coolers, 80 to 106 degrees on ovens and 50 to 60 degrees on Dry rooms. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits