Knoll is a constellation of design-driven brands and people working together with our clients to create inspired modern interiors. Since 1938, we’ve been thinking about how people interact with their environments and how their environments impact what they do. Our strength in office systems, seating, furniture, textiles, leather and architectural accessories allows us to compose integrated solutions from products and services that naturally work together.
To learn more, visit www.knoll.com
This position is responsible for visually inspecting all raw and finished product, loaded and unloaded, on the finishing systems against established quality criteria. We are looking for true paint line experience. Candidates with sprayer experience a plus.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visually inspect all raw and finished product, loaded and unloaded, on the finishing systems against established quality criteria.
- Load and unload paint system according to paint schedules.
- Use designated equipment to check finished quality of painted parts against established quality criteria.
- Maintain accurate records of product loaded, unloaded and rejected from the paint system.
- Unload and present product in a manner acceptable to the trim areas.
- Read and understand part tags and catalog numbers.
- Clean and maintain load and unload areas.
- Transport stock to and from work area.
Participates in standard job rotations. Perform job rotation with team members to insure proper standardized work and ergonomic safety.
Perform all duties within established ISO and safety policies and procedures.
Performs all 5S housekeeping tasks in appropriate areas. Works to ensure work area is maintained in a clean, orderly and safe condition at all times. Completes all regularly scheduled 5S checks. Immediately alerts team member and team coordinators of all unsafe work conditions.
Participates as a member of the Finishing Team. Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies. Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members. Attends appropriate team meetings. Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas of lack of cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues effecting cohesiveness. Actively look for ways, and reinforce actions needed, to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
- Will be required to cross train on critical finish department positions for coverage purposes
- Must be able to work in a team environment and be part of the rotation of all the load and unload positions
- Must pass color test
- May be required to receive additional education and attend seminars for related training
- Experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques, principles, and tools preferred
Problem Solving: Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and develop appropriate solutions.
Project Management: Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects under minimal supervision and meet required deadlines.
Knoll Operating systems principles and objectives (this competency appears in all job descriptions): Knows all Knoll Muskegon established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems - including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
Indicates the percentage of time during a typical workday that each of the following physical activates is performed:
Coordinate Foot, Hand, Eye
Under 10 lbs.
10 to 25 lbs.
26 to 55 lbs.
Under 10 lbs.
10 to 25 lbs.
26 to 55 lbs.
Being Around Moving Machinery
Changes in Temperature/Humidity
Must a vehicle be driven to perform the essential functions:
Personal Protective Equipment
Exposure to Dust, Vapors
Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken words.
Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds by the ear with or without correction.
Seeing: Obtaining impression through the eyes of the shape, size distance, motion, color, or other characteristics of objects with or without correction.
Repetitive Motion: Repetitious movement of arms, hands, wrists, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Knoll is an Equal Employment opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or other applicable laws. If you require an accommodation due to a disability at any time during the application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.