Position is responsible for finishing the drywall panels inside a variety of buildings by applying mud, taping and sanding the surfaces, skimming the walls and professionally preparing the panels for painting or other finishing techniques.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Regular and predictable attendance is required – The scheduled working hours and days for this position are Monday-Friday from 7am to 3:30pm, working hours vary depending on jobsite.
- Drywall Finishing Process – Employee is independently responsible for the complete drywall finishing process including: mixing, carrying and applying mud on drywall; taping seams to reinforce the drywall and hide imperfections; applying compound to joints; covering nail/screw depressions with compound; and beading, sanding to produce a smooth surface for finishing with paint or paper.
- Special Wall treatments – The Finisher must be knowledgeable about special wall treatments and may be required to apply a variety of textured surfaces to walls and ceiling with trowels, brushes, or spray guns.
- Clean-Up – Employee maintains an organized work space and also protects surfaces, trimmings, fixture and windows, etc. as he/she works through and completes the drywall work. Finisher is also responsible for putting tools and equipment back in its proper place, and returning any unused items at the end of a project.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE JOB:
- Drywall Finishing experienceis required to meet the level of expertise for a company Finisher/Taper/Texture Applicator as follows: Apprentice: 6 Months – 4 Years experience; Journeyman: 4 Years experience.
- Must be able and willing to perform frequent lifting and carrying on the job, up to 65 pounds.
- High school education or (GED) or equivalent is requested, but not required.
- Must pass drug test and E-Verify.
- Must to able to provideown hand tools and reliable transportation to and from work.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES THAT ARE IMPORTANT FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION:
- Willing to complete and apply learnings from a company safety orientation program to work.
- High standard of integrity and professionalism.
- Strong work ethic and follow-through on all job responsibilities.
- Ability to raise questions or concerns in a timely, proactive manner regarding the job assignment.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents including blueprints.
- None at this time
- Position requires full range of upper extremities in the manipulation of materials used in work processes, combined with simultaneous mental and muscular coordination.
- Must be able to lift and carry 10-60 pounds on a regular/constant basis and able to lift 65 pounds when needed.
- Must be able topush/pull5-60 pounds continuously in the job, reaching above and at shoulder height, holding a flat box using angle tools in a repetitive manner, all on a regular/constant basis.
- Ability to stoop/bend/stand/kneel andwalkis required on regular/constant basis.
- Must have eyesight sufficient to measure accurately and finish surfaces properly for customer.
- Climbing scaffoldsand ladders of various heights is also required on a regular basis, as well as being able to comfortably use walking stilts when finishing ceilings and high places.
- The work environment is not alwayswell-lighted, heated, air-conditioned indoor production setting with adequate ventilation, and moderate noise.
- On occasion, the employee can be exposed to some air contamination (dust, paint fumes, smoke, disagreeable odors, airborne particles, etc.) and toxic or caustic chemicals in the work environment.
- Frequently, the employee will work above ground level where the possibility of falling exists.