Multi-Color is one of the largest and most awarded label companies in the world, servicing segments such as Home & Personal Care, Food & Beverage, Wine & Spirits and Consumer Durables. A true global leader, our state-of-the-art facilities operate in over 26 countries.
Our 10,000+ employees are guided by our core values: Integrity, Passion, Creativity, Perseverance and Achievement. These values constantly guide our interactions and decision making at Multi-Color!
Join us today!
Multi-Color Corporation - Neenah is looking for detail oriented, self starters to join our 3rd shift finishing team!
What we offer:
We focus on offering diverse and challenging careers with a strong focus on growing our talent through on the-job training, external learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement and more. This allows WS to gain a competitive advantage and allows our employees to move up within the organization; the ultimate win-win.
We reward our employees with:
- Generous sign-on bonuses available to new team members
- $0.50 for 2nd shift
- $1.00 for 3rd shift
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance
- Paid vacation + holidays
- 401(k) with match
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short term disability coverage
- Long term disability insurance coverage
- On-site nurse and physical therapist
- Frequent fun extras like popcorn Wednesday, lunchroom massage chairs, catered lunches and special events
Shift: 3rd, Sunday - Thursday 9:55pm to 6:05am
Role and Responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee manual.
- Understand and support the Corporate Mission Statement, Values, Vision, and Operating Principles.
- Adhere to mandatory safety requirements.
- Meet attendance standards.
- Practices and sustains Lean Manufacturing and 6S procedures.
- Follow and support all established finishing procedures. Specifically, procedures must be followed 100% for games, food contact, and pharmaceutical orders. There are to be no deviations, without approval from Supervisor.
- Inspect and rewind or finish in-line (ship from Press & one-piece flow) final product, meeting customer specifications and guidelines.
- The ability to identify and comprehend all various constructions created and their functionality
- Work effectively in a team environment, to communicate with internal and external customers at all levels, and to give direction and training to temporary employees.
- Assist other operators in troubleshooting.
- Package finished rolls, labels, or tags per customer specifications using dispenser boxes, polybags, cartons, etc.
- Use auxiliary pieces of equipment such as fan folder, b-bunch, small roll turret, sheeter, friction feeder, shrink-wrapper, scale, core cutter and label maker.
- Maintain work center equipment in good working order. Perform operator preventive maintenance on equipment as outlined in JTA manual and Friday Night Clean-up Checklists. Report equipment problems immediately and fill out work orders as necessary.
- Review jacket and samples prior to finishing, ensuring full understanding of finishing requirements of the order.
- During slow periods seek additional work and assist other team members.
- Seek to improve the finishing process through, recommending equipment enhancement, process improvements and procedure changes.
- Maintain housekeeping activities including cleaning machine and work area, follow 6S process: Safety, Sort, Set, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be willing and able to work 3rd shift, 9:55pm to 6:05am Sunday through Thursday.
- Ability to communicate both written and orally in the English language.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, demanding production environment.
- Mathematical skills such as measurement calculation, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Basic computer skills.
- Physical requirements include ability to bend and lift up to 50 lbs. (20 lbs. repetitively), stand up to 12 hours, ability to distinguish between colors, and good hand-eye coordination.
- Demonstrate willingness to accept direction from supervisors, management, and peers.
- Willing to work OT and weekends as scheduled.
- Must be extremely trustworthy, flexible, and dependable with a good attendance history.
- Self-motivated and able to perform with little direction.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to accurately complete high volumes of work
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
PHYSICAL AND/OR MENTAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to:
Wear hearing, foot, eye and/or other personal protective equipment while in a manufacturing setting
Continually stand for a prolonged period; moderately to frequently walk, stoop, bend, and kneel.
Frequently use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and grasp/clasp; use hands and arms to reach for items in the work area
Frequently vertically lift and/or horizontally move up to 50 pounds (20 pounds on a repetitively ); Use hands and arms to push or pull up to 35 pounds
Vision abilities include – close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to distinguish color variations, and ability to adjust focus
Medium to loud noise environment
Work flexible/varying schedules and hours as needed
Work overtime as required by workload and customer mandated deadlines
If you need special assistance or an accommodation in applying, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities