Our client was established almost 75 years ago, and has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For those 75 years, this company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Their employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized this elite company as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Diagnoses fire and life safety system performance through observation, testing and setup as required by trade/position. Performs planned maintenance and inspections as indicated in the service agreement. Proficiently operates hand tools, power tools, gauges and measuring equipment.
- Performs start-up activity, checkout of systems, and verifies system performance to ensure proper operations prior to customer acceptance.
- Completes service contracts, quoted projects and demand service calls while maintaining profitability. Develops long-term relationships with customers and explains work performed to the customer's satisfaction.
- Participates in technician on-call-stand-by rotation as dictated by business unit policies and procedures.
- Safely drives a motor vehicle and trailer as evidenced by past driving performance record. Meets requirements of company vehicle driving policy, and adheres to all company safety requirements.
- Completes documentation of invoicing data based on hours worked and materials/equipment used to complete the service.
- Maintains equipment, tools, and inventory stock on service vehicle.
- Purchases materials and issues purchase order numbers to suppliers.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds on the daily basis required.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Two-year technical degree in related field is preferred.
Prefer, 5+ years of Fire/Life Safety Fire Alarm & Inspection experience.
Must possess State of Texas FAL License.
Expect minimal travel.
This company is an equal-opportunity employer.