Full benefits available after 30 days of employment! Full-time, direct hire position!
The Fire Alarm Technician is responsible for performing or assisting with installation, programming and checkout of systems and service installed fire alarm jobs. Types of systems include all EST/Edwards fire alarm and mass notification systems. The Fire Alarm Technician will install or supervise the installation of conduit, wire, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with special systems when necessary and acts as a leader for field installation staff on project sites.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, and present a professional image.
- Must possess critical thinking skills as well as the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- Must be able to act as the company liaison interface with the customer representative(s).
- Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other service documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
- Must be able to work at certain heights, off a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
- Tools: screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (needle nose and channel locks), hammer, cable stripper, flashlight, and gloves.
- Punch tool with 110 block and 66 block blade, tone set, 6/8 position combo crimp tool, and Krone/3M/BIX.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency, Associates degree preferred.
- Work history must contain minimum five (3 - 5) years’ experience in fire alarm industry.
- Must be highly competent with a computer, knowledge of RS232, RS485, Ethernet, TCP/IP protocols, and be able comprehend software programs for the required systems.
- Nicet or CSA Certification preferred.
- Must be able to pass a background check for an Alarm Agent License or have a current Alarm Agent License.
- Must possess system certifications from various manufacturers. IES is a Strategic Partner for the Edwards/UTC product line and various special systems.
- Must have a clean driving record and meet company minimum driving standards.
Minimum Years of Experience0-2
Minimum EducationHigh School
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES’s 2018 fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, IES produced over $876.8 million in revenue and employed over 4,500 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
- Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
- Safety is Priority One – and our record shows it
- Competitive Pay
- Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
- Company Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
- Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
- Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
- Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company’s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO is the Law" poster | "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work