What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking a Fire Alarm Technician (General Maintenance Technologist (CA)) to join our team!
- Support and/or oversee installation, testing, maintenance and repair of fire and gas safety systems (such as fire alarms and suppression systems) to ensure all work complies with relevant codes and regulations
- Program fire alarm and gas safety system panels, repair and/or replace non-functioning fire alarm components, and provide technical review of fire protection design packages.
Qualifications We Require
- High school diploma plus five or more years of directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. .
- Trained and certified as a fire alarm technician, possessing one or more of the following: Fire Alarm System certification (NICET Level II or higher), Certified Fire Alarm Technician (CFAT) credential, or State of CA Fire Life Safety Technician certification.
- Fire alarm installation, repair, testing or maintenance experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an L-level security clearance
- Selected applicants will be required to pass a Job Placement Assessment before beginning the job to ensure that they can perform the essential physical requirements, with or without accommodations.
Qualifications We Desire
- Siemens fire alarm knowledge and experience
- Additional certifications related to fire safety and / or NICET certification
- Associates or technical degree in related field
About Our Team
The Customer Operations Department is responsible for providing Operational, Systems, and Maintenance Engineering solutions and support throughout the CA site with intentional alignment to Mission Areas and Site Planning. The team coordinates planned reliability-based operations, provides maintenance support, and manages all service and utility contracts. The department also supports the organization with records management and material management.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.