Come Help us Protect What Matters Most!
CopperState Fire Protection is currently hiring a Fire Alarm Technician in our Flagstaff, Arizona branch.
- Installation, service, and Inspections ofFireAlarm and associated systems.
- Prepare for fire alarm installations by reviewing orders, gathering equipment, supplies, and tools; coordinating schedules with customers.
- Plans fire alarm installations by surveying and evaluating the location, identifying alarm installation requirements; laying out equipment and wiring plan.
- Establishes fire alarm system by installing equipment; running and pulling wiring; programming and calibrating equipment; adhering to codes, regulations, and standards.
- Verifies fire alarm system functionality by testing equipment, connections, and signals; identifies and corrects any and all problems.
- Performs system tests as required by contract, permit or NFPA72
- Maintains records by documenting installation, the material used and communicate and problem encountered or identified with the alarm system.
- Take turns in a rotation for on-call.
- Maintains customer rapport by resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Performs related tasks as required, up to and including: Responding to service requests, diagnose system malfunctions of alarm systems and making adjustments, repairs or replace equipment.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Maintain safe and secure work environment by following safe practices; keeping security information confidential.
- Good customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must read and speak English.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- NICET Certification preferred.
- Notifier experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent, technical training preferred.
- Complies with applicable safety, environment, health and waste management policies and procedures.
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency is required.
- Candidates will have extensive knowledge (2+ years) of low voltage systems including fire alarm installations, service, maintenance, and programming.
About CopperState Fire Protection:
CopperState Fire Protection is a division of Fire Protection Service Corporation. FPSC was founded in 1952 and has over 65 years' experience protecting what matters most. The Company has grown and expanded to locations throughout Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. We strive to provide the best customer experience from inception and beyond. We hire quality individuals with entrepreneurial spirits who are excited to help us soar to levels that far exceed our competition.
We offer on-the-job training for industry-specific skills and knowledge. We support certification in our employee's fields, from NICET and beyond. We strive to promote internal organic growth and encourage employees to apply for positions that offer personal development in our rapidly expanding company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.