Performs installation, inspection, repair, service, and replacement of various fire detection, alarm components, minor fire sprinkler service, kitchen suppression systems and fire extinguishers, including hand portable, wheeled and fixed systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs duties in accordance with the applicable NFPA, Federal, State, Ft. Sam Houston and BAMC regulations.
- Ability to read blueprints, electrical and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to use various hand tools and electronic testing equipment.
- Utilize computers to document inspections and maintenance.
- Maintain the general cleanliness and appearance of assigned spaces and the workshop, assist the maintenance team, as required, and perform other duties assigned. .
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret (TS) clearance
- Must possess a working knowledge of NFPA code, Federal and State regulations applicable to daily responsibilities.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of documented experience within the last 5 years and possess current State of Texas Alarm Certification and obtain Fire Extinguishing Permits listed below.
- Must be able to obtain Fire Extinguisher Certification Type B License within 12 months of employment.
- Must be able to obtain a Type K License within 12 months after Type B.
- Must be able to obtain a Type A License within 12 months after Type K.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a broad knowledge of facility operations and maintenance.
- Experience with a Facility Computerized Maintenance Management System software (CMMS) highly desired.
- Maintain a current State of Texas Alarm and Fire Extinguisher Certification to include upgrading to a Type K or A License with experience.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., squat, bend, stoop and kneel for short periods, climb a ladder, stand for long periods of time, constant arm extensions.
- Occasional exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, but none to the point of being disagreeable. May involve minor safety hazards where likely result would be cuts, bruises, etc.
- Must be able to pass a local background check and have the ability to obtain and maintain NACI clearance after hire.
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)