Fire Business Leader will be responsible for the strategy, execution, and financial performance of one of the company’s existing business line. This person will be required to drive, build and execute the overall annual and financial strategic business plans of the business unit and be accountable for its performance. You will lead a cross-functional business team with sales and program management reporting directly.
Duties & Responsibilities
Strategy and Business Development
- Manage and develop 3-year strategic plan including market potential, market share expansion, new market entry, key initiatives and road maps for investment and growth.
- Develop and execute business plans, financial performance and product solutions to further penetrate key markets and drive competitive advantage, revenues, margins, and market share.
- Monitor and assess overall portfolio profitability with focus on product life-cycle management including product re-positioning, pruning and pricing strategies.
- Lead required business analysis and deal reviews for approval and buy-in of customer proposals, agreements and partnerships.
- Monitor and assess market trends and technologies for translation into new product opportunities and for generating profitable top-line sales growth.
- Ensure sales forecasts are accurate and aligned with operational capabilities and customer demand.
- Maintain external, client focus
Operations and Business Management
- Accountable for overall performance of business unit in accordance with key metrics
- Champion for commitment to process adherence and continuous improvement
- Achieve committed P&L performance
- Build and align culture within business unit to effectively recruit, develop, engage and retain top talent
- Promote collaboration and influence across the organization and create positive momentum with internal team
Scope & Accountabilities
Internal Stakeholders are:
External Stakeholders are:
Safety and Work Environment - Identifies hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and takes appropriate action to maintain a safe and productive work environment for self and others. Follows Values Charter “Safety: Above all else”.
Effective Communication – Creates and implements timely and effective communication processes that ensure clear, open, and respectful communication within the organization. Role models effective communication in all forms (includes email, text, IM). Delivers messages in a positive, constructive, and professional manner as a leader of the company.
Teamwork - Leads and works with others to achieve organizational goals. Creates strategies to increase teamwork within own organization and across business lines. Develops and implements effective team communications and processes. Listens to others, values opinions, and is respectful of others. Promotes a positive team environment. Holds others accountable for demonstrating teamwork.
Accountable to Achieving Commitments - Focuses efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with customer requirements and the organization’s standards. Leads and motivates team to deliver high quality and timely work. Works with team in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner to meet deadlines. Anticipates potential problems. Finds the root cause of problems and takes appropriate action. Makes continuous improvement to processes and results.
Leading & Managing Change - Defines and leads business change(s) and holds team members accountable for change management. Effectively communicates changes, reasons and benefits for change. Provides team with appropriate tools/resources to implement change. Manages resistance to change and builds support. Measures effectiveness of change initiatives.
Talent Development - Fosters employee development by providing a supportive learning environment. Advise, assists, mentors and provides feedback to others to encourage and inspire the development of work-related competencies and long-term career growth.
Planning & Organizing - Develops, implements, evaluates and adjusts plans to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources.
- Bachelor's Degree (Economics, Math, Business discipline)
- MBA, preferred
- 8+ years direct leadership experience, Business and Program/Project Management or P&L Management leadership capacity with involvement in capital and technical project execution of at least $50M or more
- 10+ years Fire industry experience, including the management, support and promotion of offerings from inception through sunset
- Experience leading an organization of similar size or larger through a period of strategic growth
- Proven track record developing business relationships and managing sales budgets and thorough knowledge of sales and marketing principles, industry practices, competitors and technology.
- Knowledge of business and operational processes including proposal development, contract negotiations, phased product development and program management.
- Able to perform essential functions with a high level of expertise and demonstrated ability to lead people and obtain results.
- Success in a startup, new business launch environment
- Ability to collaborate with broad organizations and functions
- Business-to-business analytical skills, financial acumen and critical thinking skills
- Track record of building and developing cross-functional teams
- Prior marketing and business development exposure
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) experience
- International experience