The Oasis Hotel & Convention Center is currently seeking career driven individuals who are committed to providing a memorable experience to our guests.
Our award winning hotel is a full service property, offering 173 guest rooms along with over 30,000 square feet of meeting and conference space. Housed within the Oasis, you will find Fire & Ice Restaurant & Bar, featuring Springfield’s only ice bar.
The Oasis Hotel & Convention Center is a property structured upon our core values:
Passion- Passionate about who we are and what we do
Respect- Mutual respect and appreciation for our associates and guests
Extreme Service- We strive to be proactive and go above and beyond for our guests to have a positive and memorable experience.
Family & Community- All associates and guests are in the family. We desire to give back to the community and to each other.
Innovation & Uniqueness- We desire to be a true oasis in the region and embrace our identity.
Honesty & Integrity- We believe in being truthful and transparent, while maintaining professionalism, to our associates and guests in all situations, even when the situation is difficult.
The Sous Chef is responsible for planning and directing food preparation in the kitchen. The Sous Chefs works closely with the Executive Chef in achieving food and labor cost goals. Assumes responsibility for the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Maintains consistency of all menu items
- Maintains the highest standards of hygiene and professionalism.
- Assists in the management of the kitchen during the absence of the Executive Chef
- Conducts daily line inspections
- Maintains and enforces ticket times
- Communicates any prep needs to the BOH staff
- Continuously monitors for food waste
- Maintains the cleanliness of the kitchen
- Ensures that asks given by the Executive Chef are completed in a timely manner
- Maintains an open line of communication with the Executive Chef and other Sous Chefs
- Assists in the prep for lunch and dinner service
- Handles, stores and rotates product properly
- Enforces the use of safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Ensures Health Department laws and regulation re being followed.
- Trains cooks on the fundamentals of cooking on a daily basis
- Butchering of fresh fish and proteins
- Assists in the creation and pricing of the our seasonal menu
- Place food and supply orders. Ensures that deliveries are properly checked in and stored correctly
- Has a firm understanding of all stations
- Runs both inside and outside expo
- Maintains budgeted food and labor costs
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef
- Minimum of 2 years of restaurant experience
- Culinary Degree preferred
- Knowledgeable of Health Department requirements
- Excellent communication, guest service and time management skills
- Must be able to organize, plan ahead and manage workload.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively in a fast-paced and multi-tasked environment.
- Must be dependable and energetic
- Must have previous line cook experience
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling as it is based on business demands
- This position requires constant standing and walking. Frequent head turning, bending, reaching, handling and grasping. Must be able to lift and carry 60lbs. Pushing and pulling is minimal. Candidate must be able to pass a job specific post-offer physical prior to beginning employment with Oasis Hotel.
- Indoor working conditions in fast paced environment.