Whatyou will do:
Undergeneral supervision, perform programming, commissioning, troubleshooting andrepair of Fire Alarm Systems per contract obligations. Possesses technicalcompetence on Fire Alarm Systems and the ability to resolve or guide othersthrough systems problem resolution.Provides detailed information tocommunicate design to customers, installation or service team andsubcontractors.
Howyou will do it:
- Adhere to all OSHA and Company Safety Standards with a high degree of regard to employee, subcontractor and customer safety.
- Configure low voltage systems, which utilize both core (Simplex) and third party fire alarm products and systems /electrical technology as defined by the project specification while maintaining quality and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Read and interpret complicated blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
- Execute projects on time and within allocated installation hours.
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills by consistently communicating with the operations team staff and project managers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assists engineering and sales by providing technical recommendations to produce job layouts and bid proposals.
- Complete field reporting and required project/safety documentation daily, through communication devices such as smart phones and laptop computers.
- Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Whatwe look for:
- Five (5) years’ experience in addressable and conventional Fire Alarm Systems
– OR -
- Two (2) year associate degree in a technical field such as electronics, electricity or equivalent.
- Ability to work flexible hours including early mornings to meet customer requirements.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer interaction skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of test equipment to include oscilloscope, multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices.
- Pass criminal background check and drug test.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
- Ability to troubleshoot and make repairs, unaided by management.
- Familiarity with NFPA 72, 70, and other applicable National, State and Local codes.
- Ability to retain any licenses that are required.
- Self-starter needed that can work with minimum supervision.
- Completion of manufacturers training within 12 months.
- NICET II certification or higher preferred.
- State of Washington Fire Alarm Technician License.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmativeaction employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration foremployment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability,or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please viewEEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require anaccommodation during the application process, please visitwww.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou
Job Field Operations
Primary Location US-WA-Spokane
Organization Bldg Technologies Solutions