Employees are responsible for the execution of the installation project plan including equipment delivery and interface with other trades to successfully complete projects while exceeding customer's expectations.
How you will do it
- Applies specialized functional area skills and basic knowledge including underlying professional/technical principles or standards.
- Applies judgment based on practice and precedence.
- Frequently resolves problems through research of multiple alternatives.
- May allocate work as a team leader or check on completion or quality.
- Demonstrate supervisory/leadership abilities to include training, team building, and negotiation skills, district administration and effective interaction with customers.
- Perform and/or support the installation of fire related and/or other building systems products.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
- Ability to program or past experience with programing low voltage systems including fire alarm, nurse call, access control, security, CCTV, and clocks.
- Identify out of scope requests by the contractor or customer and be able to follow it up with RFIs with suggested solutions.
- Assist customers with all questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate project status to management.
- Complete all appropriate Company paperwork as required
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Knowledge to meet with code officials to arrange for personnel licensing, building permits and to discuss the intended wiring methods.
- Experience in meeting with contractors and owners.
- Knowledge to coordinate the project activities with other trades at the work locations to optimize installation time.
- Must be proficient in the use and application of industry related equipment including MS Office.
- Industry related NICET Certification as required.
- Obtain any necessary Certifications or Licenses as required.
- Must have excellent communications skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools as required.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.