About Us: Shambaugh & Son L.P., a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a construction/engineering firm. We specialize in the Design-Build method of construction resulting in fast-track delivery of the project improvements to our clients as well as traditional plan and spec projects. We are one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. and the only one with all eight M.E.P. (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Automation, Refrigeration, HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection) design and installation capabilities in-house. We perform nearly $840 million of construction projects per year with over 2,600 employees throughout 50 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Our success has been driven by our ability to attract and retain knowledgeable and seasoned professionals to work on the Shambaugh team. As we continue to build on our more than 90 year Shambaugh success story, we are looking to complement our existing experienced project management staff with motivated and talented individuals who are interested in expanding their project management knowledge and gaining valuable work experience.
At Shambaugh we recognize people as our most important resource, and it is our mission to produce the industry’s highest level of quality services, safety and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization.
Job Title :Fire Protection Designer
Job Summary: Design Fire Protection Systems for all types of projects including Industrial, Commercial and Residential. Perform layout using AutoCad/ HydraCad, and create hydraulic calculations & pipe lists for Pre-fabrication. Must be organized, efficient and work well with the design team. Good computer skills are necessary for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design & Layout of Fire Sprinkler Systems
- BIM modeling
- Hydraulic Calculations
- Field Surveying
- Listing for Fabrication
- Coordination Between Trades
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline preferred or equivalent experience. Examples include: Architectural, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management Degrees
- NICET Level III required
- High Mechanical Interest
- 5 years minimum experience in the Fire Protection Design Field
- 5 years minimum of AutoCad experience
- HydraTec experience
- Ability to multi-task to the extreme
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
- Excellent communicator, self-motivated individual with great organizational skills
- Only applicants who possess the minimum qualifications will be considered
- Candidates must successfully complete employment background check.
Visit us at www.Shambaugh.com to learn "What we do and How we do it."
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled