The Johnson Controls Service Sales Manager is the
leader of the sales team in one of Johnson Controls field offices. Responsible
for bookings growth, expanding relationships and wallet share with our existing
customers, growing new business and growing and maintaining service bookings
and revenues to achieve organizational objectives. This position will play an
integral part in building upon, and expanding legacy customer relationships,
expanding wallet share within assigned accounts. Additionally, this role is
responsible for expanding into new “services” space that falls below the
Solutions position within the assigned district or branch territory.
- Model and champion Johnson Controls values.
Create a safe environment for the discussion and resolution of values-related
issues and concerns.
- Responsible for sales plan achievement of
assigned geographic Area within Johnson Controls for all Service sales
activities for the fire alarm, security, fire sprinkler and fire suppression
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the district
or branch Service sales team ensuring we meet or exceed customer, employee and
sales goal expectations.
- Partner with Area Sales, General Managers, and
Service Managers to develop sales strategies, negotiate contracts and execute
pricing strategy to develop new business and maintain existing business.
- Review and monitor sales performance, and refine
sales strategies as required to ensure employee successfully meets assigned
goals and objectives. Reallocate resources to improve overall results as
- Contribute to the development of marketing,
customer retention, advertising, pricing, and distribution strategies for the
district or branch.
- Ensure the sales force receives coaching and
training on the technical aspects of the organization’s products and services;
on marketing campaigns and sales promotions; and on sales techniques,
procedures, and standards that will help them achieve their sales targets.
- Build, hire, develop and align a high-performing
- Focus on high level customer (internal and
external) networking and drive growth through collaboration and customer
- Grow and retain the recurring revenue base and
associated service revenue by directly coaching/mentoring/training the Service
Fire and Customer Care sales teams.
- Work as a team with other area and nationally
based Service and solutions sales leaders to leverage best practices and
achieve company objectives.
- Act as a direct line of support for the Area
General and Area Sales Managers for all Service high volume related sales
activities as required.
- Develop business plans for the territory
including business development strategies, sales staffing, sales market
assignments, strategic customer development and industry relations
- Meet with key clients to assist sales
representatives with building and enhancing relationships, negotiating and
closing deals. Leverage this time for ride along coaching and mentoring.
- Ensure that the corporate sales philosophy is
executed in securing quality business approved contractual terms, and
profitable pricing practices
for administering, communicating and complying with all company policies and
procedures, whether formally or informally communicated.
- College Degree in Business, Marketing or other
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience, including 3
years of field sales management experience in a business to business
environment, or successful management of another sales channel.
- Demonstrated skills, ability and comfort managing
a high volume/transaction sales team.
- Comfortable leading and working in teams,
experienced at project management and successful selling at all customer
- Able to create and develop solutions to customer
needs while meeting objectives.
- Committed to developing and organizing a
- Business acumen
- Excellent communication and team building skills
with a strong understanding of inter-departmental relations.
- Proven time management skills, prioritization and
delivery against deadlines.
- Experience in managing a team through a
transition or significant organizational change
- Ability to travel nights to accommodate the
- Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive
compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription
coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k),
ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of
Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
Johnson Controls is an equal
employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as
a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please view EEO
is the Law. If you are an individual with a
disability and you require an accommodation during the application process,
please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.