Network Engineering- Firewall/DNS/Load Balancing/Network Access Control
To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles as they relate to firewall, DNS, load balancing and network access control. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develop and maintain advanced functional knowledge of evolving IT engineering industry technologies/competition, concepts and trends.
• Expand and maintain the networking environment as necessary by establishing system configurations, directing system installation, and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
• Plan, test, and implement upgrades to data network equipment
• Maximizes network performance, troubleshoots network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
• Secures network system by enforcing policies.
• Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects
• Apply engineering principles into the design and enhancement of new and existing systems
• Document new system components, or modifications to existing components
• Ensure the security and integrity of system and product solutions including compliance with industry engineering and Information Security principles and practices
• Perform engineering tasks and assignments in support of business needs
• Perform engineering technology research, procurement, deployment, and configuration for new and modified systems
• Provide technical leadership in the architecture discipline and development of information technology solutions
• Present clear, organized and concise information to all audiences through a variety of media to enable effective business decisions
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications (all required unless otherwise noted)
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Working knowledge of engineering discipline
o Network Design and Implementation
o Network Troubleshooting
o Network Hardware Configuration
o Network Performance Tuning
• Advanced database and presentation software skills
• Advanced research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced word processing and spreadsheet software skills
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective skill guiding and training less experienced staff
• CCIE (R/S, Datacenter, Security, etc.)
• F5/Load Balancing (general)