JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at .
The Firm-wide Finance Business Architecture (FFBA) team is responsible for the Global Finance organization Data Acquisition & Consumption (including Credit Risk & Treasury), Financial & Management Reporting, and General Ledger (GL) Target Platform Strategies. The team has established a consolidated framework that creates opportunities for broad-scale communication, streamlined governance, and increased oversight.
A key objective of the FFBA team is to manage the delivery of large scale infrastructure programs and business process change management events to ensure accurate, complete and consistent data is readily available for both internal financial reporting and external regulatory reporting purposes, consumed by both LOB stakeholders and corporate groups.
As a member of the Finance & Business MIS Architecture Team, you will work closely with Line of Business stakeholders, data Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Consumers and Technology teams across Finance, Credit Risk & Treasury.
Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for helping define the business process and infrastructure platform strategy for management reporting.
As part of the MIS Architecture Team the ideal candidate will have a variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Identify and drive innovative solutions associated with business process re-engineering activities
- Support the delivery of key project updates and risks with diverse stakeholder audiences
- Decompose and analyze current state models, reports and data related to MIS reporting
- Drive the execution of data compilation, detailed analysis, data summarization and presentations highlighting observations with communicating potential recommendations
- In partnership with key stakeholders, understand various Lines of Business MIS system flows and complexities as it relates to the firm-wide Finance and Risk applications and infrastructure
- Work in an Agile framework to write business requirements (in the form of user stories)
- Engage with development teams to ensure business needs are translated into appropriate technical specifications, and acceptance criteria is met
- Bachelors' degree required
- 3+ years of business/finance analysis experience, particularly in requirements gathering and documentation, and end user reporting and analytics
- Previous experience in Finance, Risk, Treasury or MIS reporting
- A self starter with the ability to quickly learn and assimilate business and technical knowledge
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to influence and build strong relationships with people and teams at varying levels across the organization
- Knowledge and experience in MIS reporting and understanding of the Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Knowledge and experience in key management reporting concepts such as Cost of Funds (Funds Transfer Pricing), tax calculations and expense reporting a major plus
- Knowledge and experience of traditional credit (Loans, Deposits, Cash) and trading products (Derivatives and Securities) a plus
- Experience with JPMC MIS reporting platforms/tools such as FDW, Essbase, Tableau a plus
- Experience with Agile delivery and the JIRA tool a plus
- Overall strong desktop skills with particular emphasis on Microsoft Products (e.g. Excel, Power Point, SharePoint and Word)