About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison(NYSE:AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The companys products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered inGlendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were$7.2 billion. Learn more atwww.averydennison.com.
About Avery Dennison RBIS
Avery Dennison RBIS, a global leader in apparel and footwear industry solutions, is a $1.5 billion division of Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY). Avery Dennison RBIS provides intelligent, creative and sustainable solutions that elevate brands and accelerate performance throughout the global retail supply chain. We elevate brands through graphic tickets, tags and labels, embellishments and packaging solutions that enhance consumer appeal. We accelerate performance through Intelligent Labels and RFID enabled inventory and loss prevention solutions, price management, global compliance, and brand security solutions.
Based in Boston, Massachusetts Avery Dennison RBIS responsibly serves the global marketplace with operations in 115 locations, 50 countries, across 6 continents. For more information, visitwww.rbis.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison are leaders within the connected products age focussed on transforming the industries that we serve and enabling a better future for all. Avery Dennisons intelligent labels bridge the material and the digital to help companies across a diverse range of industries bring any item to digital life. They infuse otherwise non-digital items with a unique digital identity so that companies can connect them to the internet and capture a huge range of benefits. For more information, visitwww.rfid.averydennison.com
The Firmware Engineer is responsible for solving complex problems and technical issues involving the companys products or processes. The incumbent will be a major contributor, applying extensive knowledge of principles, theories, concepts and internal practices, processes, and products. The incumbent will follow the lead engineer on significant projects with a major impact on the company's performance.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Present information and effectively communicate with managers and cross-functional team members.
- Develop portions of new product development. Generate new ideas for products.
- Maintain awareness of advances in technology and competitive intellectual property.
- Limited inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
- Provide recommendations for equipment.
- Leverage internal and external experts to accomplish goals.
- Methodical Problem Solving: uses a methodical approach (builds mental models, designs experiments, develops test tools, etc) in understanding and solving problems.
- Participate as part of a development team, contribute during conceptual design and architectural strategic planning sessions, provide in-depth technical input and analysis, perform code reviews, and actively participate as part of the overall engineering team.
- Provide on-going enhancements and code maintenance for multiple simultaneous projects.
- Produce in-line documentation in compliance with Avery Dennison standards.
- Skills/Techniques: proficient in using design techniques, debugging skills; easily makes technology choices; good technical and software development background.
- Other duties, as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, in computer science, electronics, mathematics, or a similar technical field, or equivalent practical work experience.
- 3-5 years experience writing embedded firmware for connected devices at the BSP and driver level, as well as designing systems at the architectural level.
- Demonstrated experience in new product development and stage gate product development processes.
- Knowledge with remote device connectivity using wired Ethernet, USB, Serial communications.
- Develop real time machine control firmware in assembly and C.
- Experience working in a real time operating system environment.
- Experience doing Bare Metal programming.
- Experience in developing embedded RFID systems a plus.
- An extensive, in-depth and demonstrable understanding of the overall software development life cycle (SDLC) process.
- Excellent analytical capability with the expertise to research and apply logical and scientific thinking to a wide range of technical problems, including the ability to understand, write and decode formulas, scientific equations, and deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, a self-starter with outstanding planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a diverse team with diverse cultures across multiple geographic locations.
- A passion for delivering high-quality solutions firmware solutions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.