This position will be responsible for managing a team of global developers on multiple simultaneous projects. Development will be primarily on embedded systems, which will require a strong technical background as well as solid skills in managing software development teams and schedules.
The engineer that would fit best in this position is hard working, detailed orientated, humble, honest, open-minded to opinions, and driven to succeed. A successful engineer in this role would always put the customers’ needs first, and would be engaged in the work she or he completes. This engineer takes responsibility for mistakes and shares successes with the team, and strives endlessly for improvement. Lastly, the ideal candidate is dynamic and adaptable and is open to taking on new challenges every day.
* Understand customer requirements with technical depth to create executable schedules and plans for the team
* Manage engineering activities that support Toyota’s design cycles
* Set expectations for performance, quality, and accountability for a team of at least 10 developers across multiple geographic locations
* Create and maintain department budget for resources, equipment and other expenditures
* Communicate with clarity and accuracy current status of projects to upper management
* Actively participate in developing and executing strategic roadmaps focused on creating new value for the material handling ecosystem.[JL1]
•Requires BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with experience in Programming, or related field of study.
* 10 years of experience in embedded systems development and management required
* Development experience with C/C/C# required
* Engineering management experience required
* Experience with industrial equipment or IoT devices preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled