In this role you will be creating new products and platforms for SEL’s most advanced protection relays. You will have the ability to lead multi-functional teams, and create innovative solutions that protect the world's critical power infrastructure.
- Leads multiple disciplines/technologies/processes, keeping cost, schedule, and performance objectives in mind.
- Assist portfolio planning and long-term strategy.
- Performs management activities to attract, hire, supervise, and develop individual contributors and supervisors to meeting the goals of the group.
- Participates at external meetings and presents at large internal meetings/forums.
- Model, teach, and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Engineering field or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 7+ years of related engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience leading firmware development teams
- Demonstrated ability to design/produce/support successful products/processes
- Proven ability and strong desire to develop employees and lead projects
- Ability to define general approaches and specific solutions to technical problems
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Experience with Agile backlog management
SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.