Apex Systems is looking for a Firmware Test Engineer in Chelmsford, MA. If interested, please send your resume to Danny at email@example.com!
Position Summary Job Description:
- Play a key role in evaluating product quality by participating in cross functional teams focused on new product development in embedded software systems for the industrial control market.
- Use your technical and analytic skills to develop and execute functional and system test strategies for our products
- Design, develop, automate, and execute applications to verify features, functionality and integrity in our products
- Design and implement product and system test set-ups.
- Develop and implement test plans, test coverage and test cases from product functional specifications and other requirements specifications.
- Collaborate with developers and other testers to investigate product defects to determine root cause and verify fixes
- Issue verification/validation reports based on test results and make recommendations for release or corrective action
- Investigate tools and methods to improve the functional testing process Minimum Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in SW/HW Product Design and/or Testing, Technical Support, or other Testing/Quality Assurance role.
- Demonstrated scripting capability using Python, C#, or C/C++ language
- Working knowledge of software test methodologies and experience with automated test tools
- Experience using laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, DC electronic loads and waveform generators
- Must be a problem solver.
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills Desired Qualifications Desired Characteristics: * Multi-year experience using industrial automation software products, particularly Rockwell Automation products
- Experience with requirements management tools and managing traceability between requirements and test cases
- Experience testing highly integrated software products
- Experience in debugging and troubleshooting hardware designs
- PLC Ladder programming and debugging experience
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178