Encanterra® Country Club
Encanterra features eighteen holes of golf, two Resort Clubs, multiple dining options, state-of-the-art health and fitness facilities, exceptional tennis and pickleball complexes, indoor and outdoor pools and a full-service Alvea Spa, which recently was named the state’s top Clubhouse Spa by Arizona Foothills magazine. Our weddings & events spaces are also among the best in the San Tan Valley.
Where: San Tan Valley, 45 minutes from downtown Phoenix & Scottsdale, Arizona
As a member of the Golf Operations Team, the First Assistant Golf Professional supports the daily operations of the Golf Shop and Guest Services staff, and coordinates with the Director of Golf to provide first class service for guests—meeting or exceeding established standards for employee and guest satisfaction, and sales and financial performance. This position reports to the Head Golf Professional.
- Communicate the core values and mission of BlueStar Resort & Golf (BSRG) to support the achievement of company goals.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Golf Shop and Guest Services.
- Act as the liaison between the Head Golf Professional and the golf departments; regularly meet with the Head Golf Professional to discuss operating procedures, goals, and plans to achieve revenue targets.
- Assist with all tournament operations.
- Support the budget creation process and regularly monitor the operations budget to assure revenues and expenses are meeting the department’s financial goals.
- Maintain effective communication between all team members regarding course operations, safety, and human resources issues. Recognize and celebrate team member’s success and mentor staff development.
- Interview, hire, and directly supervise staff in accordance with BSRG policies and procedures, including planning, assigning tasks, and, at times, performing activities of workers supervised.
- Provide performance appraisals for team members, according to BSRG guidelines, including rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Train and develop team members in golf operations, tournament organization and execution, merchandising, and proper check-in procedures.
- Respond to inquiries and concerns from guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Review weekly and monthly contribution reports for each operation.
- In the absence of the Head Golf Professional, perform the role as assigned.
- Attend social and member events.
- Attend exhibitions, buying shows, tournaments, and educational seminars to keep current with development in the golf industry, as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need for closure.
- Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Strong team-building skills, including the ability to lead, cooperate, and motivate.
- Must be a role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Respect for the Individual
- Competitive Spirit
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Two to three years’ experience in a related field, with supervisory experience preferred.
- PGA membership preferred.
- Current First Aid, CPR/AED certification, and other safety certifications, as required by the Club.
- Computer literate with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as percentages.
- Must possess basic computational ability as well as budgetary analysis.
- Must be able to understand the profit and loss (P&L) statement.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal—attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines.
- Must demonstrate initiative, with an ability to think, work, solve practical problems, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- This position requires a flexible schedule to include early mornings, evenings, and weekends, as well as occasional travel.
- Valid driver’s license may be required.
This position generally operates in a professional indoor office and shop environment, but may have some exposure to outdoor weather conditions, and occasionally native wildlife, when on the grounds of the facility or outdoor events. There is routine use of standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copy and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear, see, speak clearly and understand the speech of another person, sit, stand and walk (occasionally for an extended period), use hands to fingers, handle or feel, bend, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER