We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
THIS IS TO FILL FULL-TIME, FIRST YEAR FAMILY PRACTICE RESIDENTS POSITIONS AT PIH HEALTH WHITTIER
Under the appropriate levels of supervision by the attending physician staff, the Family Practice Resident will participate in the clinical evaluation and care of patients in a variety of patient care settings in order to complete the requirements and achieve the competencies designated by the American Board of Family Medicine, the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, and the PIH Health Family Medicine Residency Program. Assume progressive responsibility for patient care based on the resident’s program year, ability, and experience. The program director and the attending staff will determine the resident’s level of responsibility and autonomy. Communicate effectively with supervising physicians regarding the conclusions of patient evaluations, physical examinations, and interpretations of diagnostic tests.
- The ability to work collaboratively within a clinical team.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and effective conflict resolutionskills.
- Must be patient-focused, committed to PIH Health’s vision of “Patients First”, and provide outstanding and compassionate care.
- Strong personal ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion, responsiveness, integrity, collaboration and innovation, and community stewardship.
- Graduation from a medical school accredited by the Association of American Medical Colleges/Liaison Committee on Medical Education, American Osteopathic Association Pre-doctoral Department, or if an international medical graduate, have a Medical Board of California Evaluation Status Letter.
- Must present BLS certification from the American Heart Association within one (1) month of employment and maintain a current BLS certificate during employment.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V