General Statement of Duties: :Under general supervision, responsible for performing a variety of fiscal and claims processing duties using agency computer systems. The Fiscal Assistant is also responsible for performing a variety of skilled, specialized, clerical functions. This position requires detailed and sensitive public contact.
Working Condition and Physical Requirement: Normal office environment. Manual dexterity for repetitive data entry utilizing computers, calculators. Considerable use of vision for proofreading numbers, correspondence, computer printouts, reports, etc. Extensive use of computer terminals/monitors and calculators. Sitting for extended periods of time. Stooping, lifting, reaching and carrying files, records, and supplies to work areas. The ability to read, write and comprehend large amounts of written material, use the telephone, and communicate via electronic mail are required on a daily basis.
Key Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Enter and process POS requests, including verifying accuracy, research and balancing.
- Review, enter and process vendor invoices (paper, e-bill, and e-attendance), including verifying that services were prior authorized, billed amounts are in accordance with vendor contract, payment and entry accuracy, and balancing.
- Rotate accrual process for vendor check processing and distribution.
- Provide technical support to vendors and staff regarding POS issues.
- Maintain fiscal files and tracking spreadsheets
- Run existing computer reports as needed.
- Provide clerical support as required.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Direct Reports: None
Indirect Reports: None
Minimum Position Requirements: Education and Experience: Graduation from high school or equivalent and four years of fiscal record keeping or claims processing; or an A.A. degree in accounting and two years experience in fiscal record keeping or claims processing.
Knowledge and Abilities: Knowledge of general office procedures, knowledge of bookkeeping terminology and procedures, knowledge of computer equipment, letter writing skills, ability to work effectively with others, and the ability to communicate effectively.
Salary: $15.26 per hour