The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Shared Services Center (CLAS SSC) is seeking an experienced Fiscal Business Administration Specialist II (BAS II). The incumbent will provide high-level expertise for fiscal transactions, and will manage a high-volume fiscal workload in a fast-paced environment while providing exceptional customer service.
Business Admin Specialist II
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Shared Services Center (CLAS SSC) is seeking a Fiscal Business Administration Specialist II. This position provides high-level expertise for complex transactions, and facilitates advances in service delivery and efficiency. The incumbent uses independent judgment, initiative, and the ability to coordinate a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment. S/he serves departments by providing support in monitoring, processing, reviewing, and approving transactional activities relating to fiscal processes. The incumbent provides excellent customer service to internal and external clients and when representing the University of Florida (UF). Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Processes, reviews, and approves transactions in the Shared Services Center. Responsible for monitoring, reviewing, and approving transactions submitted in myUFL by the Business Administration Specialist I and/or the unit client. Processes more complex transactions in myUFL; and may approve and/or reconcile other various transactions in myUFL. Takes an active leadership role in assisting department staff in identifying appropriate methods for resolving department needs.
• Reviews and prepares vouchers and journal entries for accuracy.
• Approves Pcard transactions, reconciling as appropriate.
• Processes and provides oversight for travel authorization, expense reports, and cash advances.
• Processes domestic honoraria.
• Processes purchase orders and approves orders within myUF Market.
Responsible for assisting or filling in for SSC Specialists for fiscal services as needed to cover for other team members’ absences and/or increased volume to insure seamless continuity of service to customers. Provides coverage at off-site SSC location as needed. Depending upon the customer’s area of need, works with customer’s management to initiate transactions and/or assist faculty and staff.
Analyzes processes. Monitors and reviews all processes with the SSC team and initiates modifications as appropriate. Researches operational problems and errors and recommends/implements solutions in a timely manner. Actively addresses issues and presents customer feedback to Shared Services Center team. Works with SSC team members to keep abreast of regulatory, compliance, process, enterprise system upgrades and technology changes. Interprets federal and state financial laws; UF policies, procedures, and regulations; and college policies relating to fiscal transactions.
Maintains effective business relationships with college and university core offices. Serves as liaison between the unit and Procurement, Disbursement Services, General Accounting, and other core offices as appropriate. As needed, attends college and university meetings for management personnel to ensure the Department’s understanding of and compliance with rules and regulations. Guides Unit Managers on policies and procedures for fiscal transactions within the department. Responsible for training unit staff.
Performs other duties as assigned
The salary range is $16.00 to $20.00 per hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Must possess critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of myUFL as it relates to travel, fiscal functions, account reconciliations and monthly budgetary reporting.
- Must understand and practice excellent customer service.
- Must possess a professional attitude which is conveyed in all interactions, communications and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to organize, manage, and multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must be self-motivated. Excellent judgment and decision making ability.
- Must be able to work independently with demonstrated problem solving skills and attention to details.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:|
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
|Health Assessment Required:||No|