This is a full-time position located at a Clear Springs Foods, Inc. farm location. This person must have the demonstrated ability to supervise and lead while at the same time function as a member of the team. The successful applicant should possess exceptional communication skills and business acumen, be experienced in fish husbandry, and have good math, recordkeeping, and computer skills. An understanding of the principles of production-based health practices and quality assurance is beneficial. Clear Springs Foods, Inc. is an employee owned company that is fully vertically integrated, controlling all aspects of its food business from inception to market.
- Responsible for all life stages of fish.
- Address short- and long-term fish health problems on the farm.
- Examine fish grossly and microscopically, as needed.
- Oversee and coordinate all fish vaccinations and treatments.
- Responsible for day to day management of fish health practices.
- Participate in fish population movements and reductions.
- Participate in farm-based internal audits of production standards.
- Perform critical reviews of and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain accurate and complete records.
- Schedule daily tasks and be responsible for their completion.
- Become proficient with the company database program and reports.
- Record keeping and compliance with regulatory and third-party certification requirements.
- Ability to work flexible work schedules with varying hours as required.
- Participate in discussions about confidential/sensitive matters.
- Manage employees with integrity, fairness, and awareness of company objectives while ensuring quality and safety standards are observed.
- Communicate through written, oral, and face-to-face interactions to ensure completion of work.
- Hands-on protocol development and training of team members.
- Ability to travel for continuing education and training.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- The position will move between farms based on company needs.
- Bachelor's degree in agricultural science, fisheries science, marine biology, aquaculture, and/or business with experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of fish health practices such as disease diagnostics and common treatment practices is preferred.
- Computer knowledge, recordkeeping, and organizational skills.
- Exemplary attendance and good work ethic.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule and complete tasks efficiently.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to solve problems.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to communicate in English in order to adhere to safety standards.
- Valid Driver's License.
Typical Physical Activity
This job involves heavy work exerting force frequently and constantly to move objects. The job involves lifting occasionally. Working in waders, climbing in and out of raceways and on and off trucks is required. The employee will be required to have a range of motion as follows:
- Often requires walking or moving to accomplish tasks.
- Often requires standing or sitting for sustained periods of time.
- Occasionally requires stooping and reaching.
- Occasionally requires pushing using upper extremities to press against something with steady force.
- Occasionally requires pulling using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting is required on an occasional basis.
- Repetitive motions are required which involve substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Often requires feeling of products perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Hearing must be adequate to perform duties and interact in person clearly and efficiently.
- Manual dexterity as required for specific equipment or instrumentation use.
- Requires clear vision, the ability to identify and distinguish color and to adjust focus.
Typical Environmental Conditions
The employee is frequently subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. The employee can be subject to hot, cold, and wet conditions. The employee is subject to noise.