MSC is searching for a Senior Software Developer to join our Bioinformatics team at NIH. This opportunity is a 6 month position with MSC and it is on-site at the NIH in Rockville, MD.
The FISMA Technical Writer/Expert will assist with the development and revision of technical security documents including technical manuals, user guides, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other written materials in support of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The successful candidate will have strong technical writing skills with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) guidelines and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process. This position reports to the LHNCBC Office of Director and has the following duties:
- ze requirements for assigned writing and editing tasks. Devel
- op and edit written deliverables as part of the Federal Information Security Management act (FISMA) and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process. Work
- with technical and managerial staff to review existing policies and procedures; prepare, write and edit technical processes. Monit
- or and keep informed of current applicable Federal security laws, regulations and guidance as they relate to FISMA. Creat
- e and edit materials that meet industry standards. Condu
- ct a quality review of documentation for technical accuracy and clarity. Work
- with NIH staff to gather additional information as needed. Take
- notes and summaries as needed, at technical and collaborative meetings. Plan,
- prepare and edit assigned documents
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field of study in computer science or related engineering field preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related technical writing and editing experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and related Federal regulations and standards.
- Advanced MS Office application skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with strong editing, formatting, and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, and present information.
- Ability to accept constructive user feedback and incorporate it into a polished final product
- Experience supporting Director-level staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively individually and as part of a team.
- Experience working with a team to contribute to the development and revision of resources.
- Ability to organize information in a cohesive manner with strong attention to detail.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.