TITLE: Fitness & Spa Attendant
REPORTING TO: Director of Fitness
POSITION SUMMARY: The Fitness & Spa Attendant at the Fitness Center will provide and ensure a positive first impression to the Club's members and guests by delivering an enthusiastic, courteous and friendly disposition and warm consistent greeting. This position will handle numerous responsibilities including POS, setting appointments and taking registrations, facility preparation and interaction with members and guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Opens and closes the Fitness Center according to the SOP.
- Monitors Locker Rooms and Fitness Center according to the daily checklists.
- Attend to laundry: remove dirty towels and delivery to laundry room, keep rotating washer/dryer, fold and restock areas accordingly
- Continually follows the Fitness Center Core Values: Keep it safe, clean, friendly, work as a team and understand your are the RPYCC experience with each member encounter.
- Assists members and guests with appointments and purchases.
- Assists members with inquiries regarding all Club functions at the Country Club.
- Promotes activities, programs and events at the Club.
- Ensures we have correct par levels of all operating supplies and marketing materials at all times.
- Answers the phone with a friendly and uniform greeting as per the SOP.
- Takes reservations for fitness training and massage appointments through Jonas.
- Refers members in need of dining or event reservations to the Member Services Attendant at the Country Club.
- Has knowledge of information and pricing of all activities, programs and events at the Club.
- Knows, monitors and enforces the rules and regulations of the Fitness Center.
- Uses proper procedures in Jonas for billing, reports, credit book, gift certificates and membership lookup.
- Enforces sign in and guest procedures at the Fitness Center.
- Greets members by name (Mr., Mrs., Dr.) with a consistent and sincere greeting, and knows their needs all while continuing to strive for perfection. Uses member's names as much as possible throughout their visit.
- Keeps work area clean and organized at all times.
- Document accurate record of hours worked, services provided and classes taught for payroll.
- Maintains a professional appearance and is in proper uniform at all times. This includes proper grooming, shirts pressed and tucked in and name tag worn.
- Any and all other tasks assigned by the Director of Fitness or General Manager.
Education / Experience
- High school diploma of general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 6 months related experience, preferable in a private club fitness/spa setting
- Fitness or personal training schooling or certifications a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of Jonas POS system preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
Physical Requirements (The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Must be able to lift and move up to 30 lbs.
- Frequent reaching, bending, turning, and stooping
- Must be able to sit for extended periods
- Repetitive motion required including computer entry
- Normal vision and hearing ranges required