The Edge Fitness Club’s front desk is the hub where all of the day’s business starts and ends and is the place Fitness Consultants are stationed. It’s the area members approach when they need help or want to make a purchase. It is the point all members visit upon entry to the gym. It is also the initial impression when a potential member visits for the first time. When working behind the desk for the Edge Fitness Clubs you are expected to smile, greet all members by name, have fun, move fast and service all Edge members with a sense of urgency. The Fitness Consultant position is crucial to running any of our facilities. In this position, you will gain great insight into why our clubs are successful and follow The Edge’s mission statement.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Ensure that each guest receives outstanding service by providing a guest friendly environment by greeting and acknowledging every guest, saying “hello” and “goodbye”, while maintaining outstanding standards.
- Services each client with a sense of urgency by assisting members with questions, various changes to membership or PT sessions, making a shake or selling a product at the POS.
- Answers the telephone before the second ring with a smile, answering member questions or transitioning a prospect’s telephone inquiry over to a Membership Advisor.
- Scheduling, cancelling or rescheduling personal training appointments for our members promptly.
- Understands the clubs daily revenue goals and helps drive the business, not babysit the business.
- Maintains solid product knowledge and awareness of all product information, merchandise and services to find ways to upsell product.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash accountabilities at POS registers.
- Understands the opportunities of the business: every phone call, prospects walking through the door, in and out of the club.
- Assists in replenishing merchandise at the shake bar and in the coolers.
- Assists the Membership Team in signing prospects in as “guests” when visiting the facility.
- Conducts locker room and floor checks regularly throughout shift.
- Assists the Manager in loss prevention by adhering to all company policies and club standards.
- A University degree is preferred.
- A strong focus on the customer/client.
- Great communication skills.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Enthusiasm is a must, we will teach the skills needed to succeed.
- Previous sales experience a plus.
- Must be able to work well with others.