Organize and instruct group exercise classes in accordance with guidelines established by Fitness Manager. Participate in all exercise activities and programs offered at the Institute for Healthy Living. Follow group exercise department and Institute for Healthy Living policies and procedures. Group Exercise Instructors proactively seek to know, meet, and exceed our member's needs with kindness, enthusiasm, support, and excellence.
- Nationally recognized group fitness certification preferred for most classes. In order to teach specialty classes, specific training/certification for that specific format is preferred.
- Experience with all ages and special populations is preferred.
Experience teaching classes is preferred.
- Specialized Training
- Other Skills/Competencies
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of self or others. Ability to comply with all Good Shepherd policies and procedures that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. Ability to effectively communicate with patients and provide competent care as appropriate to the ages of patients served by this position.
- Computer Skills
- Computer literacy is desired.