Fitness Sales / $50k+ w/ Benefits / Change Lives Through Fitness
Are you passionate about fitness, committed to quality, and excited to talk with people about making a real impact in their lives?
Are you the kind of person who mentions your fitness tribe within moments of meeting someone? Who encourages others to challenge growth and be the best version of themselves? Who is passionate about evidence-based fitness that gets results, not fitness fads?
We’re currently seeking enthusiastic individuals eager to share our story and our success with everyone who walks through the door, calls for more information or who expresses even the slightest bit of interest in improving themselves.
This position is only for professionals with a great attitude and strong communication skills. You should be passionate, positive, and able to talk with anyone. Your zest for being part of a world-class fitness company propels you out of bed with a smile and determination to change more lives -- physically, mentally, and emotionally. You have excellent communication skills, both face-to-face and on paper,
If that’s you, I’d like to talk with you about an immediate opening with great pay, lots of upside, fantastic health insurance, and a host of other benefits usually reserved for people dressing up in business attire and showing up to a cubicle at 8 a.m. each day (so glad I left that lifestyle behind!)
My name is Justin Singer and I run a boutique fitness studio called Mekanix in Houston, Texas. Mekanix helps women and men of all ages and primarily aged 35– 60 achieve greatness through fitness. We offer a variety of services that are sustainable, effective at all ages, and most importantly get results. Our services include strength and conditioning primarily through calisthenics (bodyweight strength training); recovery including flexibility classes and fire and ice (sauna + ice bath); and pool workouts (low impact, high results.) Our services are a time tested, fun, and powerful way for people of all ages and levels to improve their health and their bodies. When people commit, they not only achieve great things in the gym, but great things in all areas of their life. Those are the results that make me proud of running this business!
I'm looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to join our team as a Sales Representative. You’ll work with our existing members to make sure they have an amazing experience, call new prospects with the goal of setting up an initial consultation, present the Mekanix concept to interested consumers, and connect with the community to coordinate events and form new partnerships.
Please read this entire job description to see if it’s a good fit for you and learn how to apply.
Job Title: Sales Representative
Location: Houston, TX – Montrose area.
The company: Mekanix offers sustainable, effective fitness training for men and women aged 35 – 60 to help them achieve greatness through fitness. Read more about us at http://www.mekanixhouston.com
The position: You’ll work as a Sales Representative for Mekanix. You’ll work directly for the owner, a fitness enthusiast with a proven entrepreneurial track record. You’ll work with our existing members to make sure they have an amazing experience, call new prospects with the goal of setting up an initial consultation, present the Mekanix concept to interested consumers, and connect with the community to coordinate events and form new partnerships.
Job Hours: This is a full time position with approximately 40 – 45 hours a week anticipated. Leads come in throughout the day and should be follow-up with by phone within 5 minutes of receipt for best results. Expect to meet prospective members before and after classes on weekdays and weekends at meetings you schedule. Weekday classes start as early as 6 a.m. and finish as late as 8 p.m.
Compensation: Commission based with draw. Expect to earn $50k at plan. Salary is uncapped. Top performers could earn $100k+. Full time candidates can expect approximately 40 - 45 hours a week.
Benefits: Mekanix offers the best benefits in the business, including:
- Health insurance. We offer top tier health insurance and pick up most of the cost.
- Dental insurance. We offer top tier dental insurance.
- Retirement plan. We offer a generous retirement plan including 3% employer match.
- Fitness casual dress code.
- Passionate, collaborative work environment.
- Professional development. We bring in the top tier instructors to educate our team on things like strength training, anatomy, sales, leadership, etc.
- Team Events. Mekanix hosts and pays for regular team events such as lunches and fitness adventures on a monthly basis.
- Free Studio Membership. You receive a free membership to train at our studio. Remote workers – you’ll have access to our online training.
Professional Growth: During the interview process, I’ll share my vision for the next 3 years and review our December 2022 Vision document with you. Our plan for studio growth provides numerous avenues for your professional growth. This is all in addition to the regular professional growth opportunities listed in the Benefits section above.
This position will provide a solid foundation to progress to other opportunities within Mekanix including Studio Manager.
Sales Representative duties include:
- Follow-up via phone with prospective customers. Address inquiries ASAP, ideally within 5 minutes, for best results.
- Update CRM daily and weekly to maintain accurate sales pipeline and updated customer records.
- Present the Mekanix concept to any interested consumers, give studio tours and conduct strategy sessions.
- Handle members concerns in a professional and objective manner with the goal of resolution.
- Maintain a high level of member engagement and foster member retention.
- Maintain an effective referral program.
- Retain a strong social media presence.
- Participate in regular marketing and outreach events.
- Attend Weekly Company Meetings
- Other duties as required or requested.
Here’s who this position is NOT for:
- Those who are not comfortable having sales-oriented calls.
- Those who are not comfortable asking for the sale.
- Those who are not punctual.
- Those who are not self-motivated.
- Those who are not creative and resourceful.
- Those who aren’t comfortable wearing many hats.
You should meet this description:
- You are excited about our mission and identify with our values. Read about them here: http://mekanixhouston.com/about
- You want to be part of implementing our vision. Read about it here: http://mekanixvision.com
- You have a passion for fitness and health.
- You have prior sales experience.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You must be comfortable conversing on the phone, and know how to conduct yourself professionally and deliver clear instructions to clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- You have great people skills and personality.
- You believe in constant self-improvement and are willing to assume responsibility for developing your sales skills. You read and listen to empowering books and podcasts. You have a growth mindset.
- Flexible to work days, evenings, weekends, and holiday hours, as needed.
- You work the system and measure the outcome. You manage by the numbers. You create a high-performance environment. You hold yourself and your team accountable to the results.
- You set SMART goals. It is your obsession to achieve these goals.
- You are open to being coached.
HOW TO APPLY: Send your resume and a cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com Make sure to apply directly by e-mail and not by clicking Apply through the site. In the body of your email, include the word “Jupiter” and where you saw this job posting. To receive top priority, include a link to a favorite workout routine you’ve personally tried and enjoyed. This could be a link to an Instagram post, YouTube video, or even a quick video you shot on your phone and loaded onto DropBox, Google Docs, or iCloud.
Commission based with draw. Expect to earn $50k at plan. Salary is uncapped. Top performers could earn $100k+. Full time candidates can expect approximately 40 - 45 hours a week.