JOB OVERVIEW"It makes me feel good knowing that we make the residents’ lives better. We laugh with them, cry with them, sing and dance with them – we brighten their day. Working here is an unbelievable privilege and it will be something I carry with me for the rest of my life!"- Sunrise Team Member
At Sunrise, our Activities Assistant is responsible for assisting with the day to day delivery of resident centered activities and programs for the Sunrise Senior Living Community while meeting and/or exceeding Sunrise quality standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONSEntry Level Position Responsibilities:
- Fitness Specialist will be expected to assist fitness director in all aspects which include:
- Lead and fill in for group exercise classes daily: land and water.
- One on One personal training.
- Design prehab, rehab and maintenance programs for Independent Living.
- Encourage physical activity for all residents at our Assisted Living level.
- Oversee and promote use of fitness center on our Assisted Living level.
- Maintain cleanliness of the fitness center.
- To utilize and apply anatomy, exercise physiology, and biomechanics through daily routines.
- To be able to devise safe routines for seniors citizens.
- Assess needs of clientele and develop goal specific exercise routines.
- Learn to organize, develop and teach group exercise classes.
- MOST IMPORTANT: Connect and build relationships with our seniors.
- Actively participates as a member of a team and committed to working toward team goalsQualifications:- Must have College Degree related to Sports Science/Kinesiology- One (1) year job related experience preferred in senior living communities- Ability to lead activities and motivate volunteers and fellow team members for their involvement in the social events and various scheduled social activities- Maintains a current appropriate federal and state license such as CDL (commercial driver’s license) and/or chauffeur license, applicable state license with an acceptable driving record in accordance with State, Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sunrise policy- Ability to handle multiple priorities- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small group presentations- Competent in organizational, time management skills- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills- Ability to make responsible choices and decisions and act in a resident’s best interest- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following community procedures and guidelines and have the ability to follow through on assigned tasks- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) and Sunrise applications with the ability to learn new applications
ABOUT SUNRISESunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. At Sunrise, you will…Make a Difference Every DayWe deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive CommunityWe care for residents and each other, and offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your PotentialYou have the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally, and achieve your career goals.