Job Summary and Objective
The Fitness Trainer will be responsible for running the Planet Fit Indy 10, LLC group fitness program (PE@PF). This includes assisting new members in the achievement of their fitness goals by designing a simple workout program and instructing them on the proper use of equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct and run the Planet Fit Indy 10, LLC PE@PF program, including creating and following the schedule.
- Consult with members regarding their fitness goals and instruct them on how to properly and safely use the equipment.
- Create weekly updates consisting of a variety of exercises.
- Meet class requirements based on club size and member traffic.
- Assist in front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Assistant Manager or Manager as needed.
- Enter daily participation data and run/process weekly participation report for management.
- Other responsibilities as asked by management.
- • A passion for fitness and health!
- Upbeat and positive attitude.
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations.
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- Nationally Certified Training Certificate required within first 120 calendar days.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a gym and in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This role routinely works with standard gym equipment, like weights, weight machines, treadmills, stationary bikes, ellipticals and other similar machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This job requires the employee to lift 50 pounds occasionally. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will occasionally encounter hazardous chemicals during their shift.
Position type and expected hours of work
This is a full-time hourly position. The employee will be expected to work a variety of shifts (AMs, PMs, Mids.) This employee will be available to work Monday through Sunday, including weekends and holidays. Schedules are based on the needs of the business.
No travel is expected for this position.
EEO Equal Employment Opportunity:
Planet Fit Indy 10, LLC maintains a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in all employment practices and decisions, ensuring equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical, or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status. This applies to both Planet Fit Indy 10, LLC employees and applicants for employment with the Company. In keeping with this policy, Planet Fit Indy 10, LLC does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as all employment actions, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, promotions, compensation, training, benefits, and termination of employment.