Symbria is currently seeking a Fitness/Program Specialist to add to our Rehabilitation team for an upcoming leave of absence at Royal Park Place, a Continuing Care Retirement Community in Zeeland, MI. Candidates will have subbing opportunities after completion of temporary assignment.
For more than 20 years, Symbria has been providing an outstanding work environment for talented employees to deliver patient-centered care to the geriatric population in senior-living and post-acute settings.
Deliver SeniorFITness wellness programs and fitness services to participants at senior residential properties and community senior centers to demonstrate Symbria Rehab’s Mission, Vision and Values while accomplishing our client’s goals and objectives for the program.
- Obtain Symbria Rehab/SeniorFITness Program Specialist Certification within six months of hire.
- Provide education sessions to residents and staff on benefits of program services.
- Actively market and promote program services to potential participants in order to increase program enrollment.
- Complete enrollment and medical screening process for each participant according to Symbria Rehab Best Practice Standards.
- Track and communicate changes in member’s health status with physician or healthcare provider.
- Schedule and conduct fitness assessments and record data into Fitness Outcome Measurement System (FOMS).
- Coordinate and implement referral mechanisms and programs between community departments/Symbria Rehab services and Wellness Center for appropriate intervention, based on program guidelines.
- Coordinate and administer individual exercise program consultations for members based on current ACSM/AHA guidelines and Symbria Rehab Best Practice Standards.
- Provide appropriate instruction and orientation to members on proper use of center equipment.
- Update participant life goals on quarterly basis and provide ongoing progress/program outcomes to participants.
- Achieve/exceed company stated benchmarks for participant utilization and satisfaction.
- Track and report statistics related to all biometric testing/utilization on weekly basis.
- Provide appropriate program service instruction as trained and assigned.
- Provide group exercise class instruction and specialty programs as appropriate for site initiatives.
- Collaborate with client staff to provide integrated business plan with wellness programs related to the multiple dimensions of wellness.
- Provide leadership to any site-assigned staff and act as program liaison to designated campus committees.
- Assist in the training and supervision of student interns.
- Wednesday - 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
- Minimum Personal Trainer or Group Instructor certification required: American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Health Fitness Instructor and National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), American Council on Exercise (ACE), American Fitness and Aerobics Association (AFAA)
- Bachelor's degree in Exercise physiology or related science preferred.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Passion for and experience working with older adults to improve their overall health and well-being.
- Proficient use of computers and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills.
Why work at Symbria?
- 100% employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, also known as an ESOP. You, along with your co-workers, have an ownership stake in this company!
- Competitive compensation
- ESOP retirement plan
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, flexible spending accounts (FSA), Paid Time Off (PTO) and Yearly Tuition Reimbursement.