FITTER/WELDER - 2nd SHIFT
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Must be able to obtain welding certification in accordance with NCI welding procedures. Reasonable accommodations may be made for employees with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be competent in welding and fitting skills which encompass all special welding certifications for pipe, tube, CJP scenarios etc. Offers of employment may be contingent upon passing a substance abuse screening test and/or criminal background check.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Knows and understands all safety rules and precautions necessary for working in and about a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to maintain AWS and CWB certifications.
- Check work assignments and interprets blueprints and/or sketches to determine parts required.
- Responsible for measuring, marking, counting, and locating components on/in an assembly. Advises Team Leader of any discrepancies in and/or shortages of required parts.
- Positions sub-assemblies on parts using clamping devices and material handling equipment as required.
- Uses necessary tools, measuring devices, templates to join up parts in accordance with blueprints and specifications maintaining allowable tolerances. Uses welding, flame cutting, flame-heating, arc gouging, or mechanical equipment to tack and/or weld components in place. Ability to align parts, and to bevel or cut flanges, webs, stiffeners as required.
- Install metal tags to identify parts and uses assigned personal identification stamp in designated area when operation is completed.
- Responsible for keeping numerical and alphabetical sequences correct.
- Maintains continuous improvement practices in work area.
- May be assigned other projects or duties as designated by Team Leader
- Must be able to work shift hours from 4:30pm to 5:00am
- Must be AWS and CWB certified
- Must be able to fit up all types of rigid frame columns, rafters, and beam canopies according to specifications
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend documents including but not limited to policy manuals, safety rules/programs, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and simple correspondence, In addition, the ability to communicate information effectively one-on-one and in small group situations and settings is required.
- Must have the ability to perform general mathematic calculations including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, percentages, and division
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to perform work instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form a must; the ability to solve problems, which involve multiple variables in a standard situation, is required
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent from 2-year College or technical school; or (1) to three (3) years working experience in welding; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferably as a welder/fitter in the manufacturing industry.