We are looking for a FIX Production Support Associate for our major client in NYC – opportunity to work for one of the most recognizable companies in the world.
Please see below for technologies, requirements and responsibilities. If you or someone you know may be interested in this role, please email and updated resume to Tom Whelan, Technical Recruiter at email@example.com
The AMRS FX Support team is responsible for providing end-to-end support to all applications used by Sales, Trading and their support services in the FX business. The team supports a fast growing electronic business operating in true partnership with our Front Office stakeholders. The role is high profile as it has a direct impact on the firms revenue generating abilities.
* Acts as the first point of support for application incidents
* Builds a strong relationship with the Application Development Team
* Receives and logs calls from clients using appropriate processes, procedures and technology
* Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves functional and technical problems and business critical incidents through research and analysis of trends, root causes, and business impact
* Highlights functionality issues to developers
* Assists in the translation of solutions into technical requirements
* Develops and utilizes appropriate tools to perform work
* Raise defect reports to the development team for code amendment
* Maintains a knowledge base of known defects and issues, process, techniques
Client Relationship Management:
* Clearly understands clients business he or she is responsible for and recommends, provides, and supports application service that best fit clients current and future needs
* Communicates status with end users at all times
* Contributes to continuous improvement
* Proactively supports knowledge sharing
* Is responsible for tracking change requests and high severity incidents in accordance with defined service levels
Advanced Application functions:
* Report fixing/custom report generating
* Advanced user configuration options
* Support and use of advanced application functions at request of users
* Read access to application code
* Read access to Production environment
* Access to debug information in Production
* Break-glass access to edit application data
* No ability to change application code.
* Participation in rotation to ensure adequate coverage across all desks. Current hours of coverage provided by the team are from 07:00 until 19:00 Mon-Fri.
* Weekend working to support critical business initiatives such as start of week checks, application rollouts, infrastructure changes or Disaster Recovery tests. There will be on-call support on Saturday every 5 weeks, and on-site support on Sundays once a month.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES WE LOOK FOR
* FX eTrading Support experience
* Knowledge FX markets and the mainstream products in use.
* Strong technical knowledge: Unix/Linux; Database (Sybase/SQL/Oracle), Perl, Shell scripting, Infrastructure.
* Experience in Monitoring & Alerting, and Job Scheduling systems.
* Exposure to Market Data Technologies such as Tibco RV, Reuters, RMDS
* Confidence when dealing with internal user base (Sales & Trading)
* Client relationship/service management experience
* ITIL understanding
Personal Attributes Required
* Proactive, able to multi-task and work on own initiative
* The ability to work in a high pressure environment
* Strong time management skills
* Understanding the needs, requirements and the pressures the users are under
* Able to prioritize continually to ensure that service levels are adhered to
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills
* Problem solving skills both technical and business related.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Knowledge of FIX API configuration and / database queries / FIX log analysis
* Experience of dealing directly with hedge fund and/or institutional clients
* Awareness of Single-bank FX e-commerce platforms and their functionality
* Knowledge of Multi-bank FX vendor platforms
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178