Who are we? Watch to find out!
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the
right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineer
Corpus Christi, TX
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Provides technical support for fixed equipment to refinery & petrochemical operating business units
- Responsible for framing up sound and economically viable repair vs. replacement recommendations
- Provide input into the development of fixed equipment reliability strategies
- Own assigned fixed equipment standards and participate in their continual improvement
- Lead or provide subject matter expertise for Root Cause Failure Analysis investigations for fixed equipment
- Involved in industry organizations to stay abreast of new technology and trends related to fixed equipment.
- Enjoys working in a team environment, and able to communicate to all levels of the organization
What You Will Need:
- 5+ yrs experience working within a refining, chemical, or heavy industrial environment
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: pressure vessels, piping, heat exchangers, fired process equipment, pressure relief devices, valves and the factors that affect their reliability
- Experience applying ASME/API/NBIC codes in the design, evaluation, and repair/alteration of fixed equipment
- Valid Driver’s License
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Civil, Reliability, Chemical or Petroleum Engineering
- Climbing ladders and stairs and entry into confined spaces
Other Considerations (Optional)(Unique skills, Certifications/Licenses, Timing, Travel, Relocation, etc.):
- Able to travel up to 10% of the time
- Some overtime may be required, including nights, weekends, and holidays during turnarounds and outages
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Knowledge and experience applying ASME B31.3 and Section VIII Div. 1
- Knowledge and experience in applying the concepts of API 579 fitness-for-service to evaluate fixed equipment
- Experience with the design, construction and repair of Above Ground Storage Tanks
- Experience in applying AMSE PCC-1 and PCC-2 standards
- Experience developing and maintaining fixed equipment specifications and standards.
- Experience performing pipe stress analysis
- Refinery corrosion mechanisms and materials experience
- Experience in performing Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Knowledge and experience with Risk Based Inspection
- API 570/510/653 certifications
Want to learn more about Flint Hills Resources?
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf