The Fleet Compliance Manager will work directly with the fleet department to ensure that the company maintains compliance with all Federal and State regulations required for our company vehicles. He or she will be responsible for record keeping and maintaining required files for each driver. The Fleet Compliance Managerwill provide guidance to the plants in areas related to DOT Compliance. The Fleet Compliance Manager must have strong organizational and communication skills to be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- In charge of managing Federal and State DOT compliance.
- Reviews documents in DQF File and signs off upon approval.
- Monitors and keeps track of yearly 5 renewables per driver (Licenses, Medical Card, MVR Report, Self-Incriminating Letter and National Registry of certification for medical examiner).
- Continuously monitors electronic log devices (ELD’s) per driver and compares Hours of Service (HOS) to hours reported in Payroll.
- Reviews invoices for afterhours mobile repairs from FleetNet to actual services rendered to vehicles by plant.
- Maintains and reviews Penske ELD program using the vendor’s website portal.
- Reviews on a daily basis Samba data of DMV pull notices.
- Monitors purchases on ARCO/SHELL fuel cards per driver.
- Tracks and reviews SMS citations online.
- Administers California’s BIT program and keeps abreast of recent changes.
- Checks to see that vehicle repairs listed on the Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports are being made and that the reports are in compliance.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Associates degree or 3-5 years of experience is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret regulations and other documents.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office. Proficiency in the US DOT web based DataQ System, and the US DOT Portal.
- Candidate should have an in depth knowledge of State and Federal regulations.