Who are we looking for?
Animal Health International, a Patterson Company, is seeking Full Time Fleet Driver to join our team in Clovis, NM.
Why join Animal Health International?
This is your chance to set your career in motion! Our future is full of exciting possibilities, and so is yours as part of our team. We believe that work shouldn't be something that you do just to make ends meet. It should provide satisfaction and an opportunity to make a real difference!
Through its subsidiaries, Animal Health International, Inc. provides animal health products and services to customers in the food animal and companion animal markets worldwide. We are a recognized leader in our industry.
Our employees share a determination to make a difference, to enhance business success and to drive innovation where and whenever possible. We are not only looking for competent, qualified contributors, but employees who want to grow personally and professionally throughout their careers. We are in search of the best and the brightest minds to help fulfill our mission. We offer opportunities that allow you to apply and develop your strengths and we leverage your strengths to help us remain a major leader in our industry. We value the diverse thought and innovative ideas you can bring to the company.
The Animal Health International, Inc. Family of Companies is the right choice for individuals with exceptional ethics, integrity and long-term vision. We promote an atmosphere that encourages personal and professional development. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a great working environment in locations throughout the United States and Canada. Animal Health International is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer and participates in the Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program, an internet-based employment eligibility verification system.
Post offer pre-employment background check and drug screen are required.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.’s business code of ethics & conduct and all policies
- Align with the Company’s Mission, Guiding Principles, Values, Goals and Objectives
- Drive assigned vehicle and deliver/pick up shipments
- Collect money from customers and help resolve service complaints
- Load and unload assigned vehicle. Ensure all loads are properly secure for transport.
- Operate all of the warehouse equipment/machinery
- Achieve assigned performance metrics and KPIs
- Help maintain a secure, organized, clean, and safe warehouse and vehicle
- Handle all hazardous materials, pesticides, and prescription drugs according to Company’s processes/procedures in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Assure routine maintenance is performed on assigned vehicle per schedule and that vehicle is always in a good and safe condition
- Adherence with DOT drug & alcohol testing.
- Follow all local, state and federal motor carrier laws.
- Follow company biosecurity policies and customer biosecurity protocols as required.
- Submit all required daily, weekly and monthly compliance reports.
- Managing time effectively, meeting personal goals and fleet goals and objectives
- Performing all work in accordance with Company Safety guidelines and procedures including all required Safety and Compliance Training and regulatory licensing
- Always maintain acceptable driving record, current driver’s license and applicable endorsements
- May require overnight runs
- As assigned
- Ethics & Integrity: Acts consistently and makes decisions in the organization’s best interest.
- Customer Focus: Makes customers and their needs the primary focus of one’s actions.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrates drive, determination, and ownership to achieve both results and success.
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrates and maintains technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas.
- Problem Solving: Uses logic and analytical methods to identify solutions resulting in effective problem resolution.
- Self-Management: Manages time and resources and balances competing demands to ensure work is completed.
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others to achieve a common goal.
Material and Equipment Directly Used
- Assigned vehicle/vehicles
- Electronic Driver Logs as required
- General warehouse equipment
- General office equipment
- Moving 50% of the time
- Stationary position 50% of the time
- Load and unload a vehicle
- Move up to 75 lbs.
- Move loads on pallet jack (w/pallets/totes/barrels) weighing up to 2500 lbs.
Education or Formal Training:
- CDL, No-endorsements, driving vehicles up to 56k GVWR tandem axle box truck.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Obtain a satisfactory MVR review.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to drive assigned vehicle
- Knowledge of delivery area and ability to read maps
- Able to work as an effective team member
- Basic problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Effective time management skills
- One-year experience as a delivery driver preferred
Positions Reporting to This Position:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.