Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc.Learn more atwww.aramark.comor connect with us onFacebookandTwitter.
The Fleet Mechanic performs preventative maintenance and repairs on fleet vehicles in a timely and cost efficient manner. Receives work duties and responsibilities from Lead Mechanic or management personnel.
- Maintain fleet vehicles with focus on Preventative Maintenance programs to meet 100% compliance of standards.
- Utilize the AVMS fleet management computer system to track shop operation duties
- Assist with cost control through purchasing, inventory management, as well as training others in the area of safety to assure that the vehicle assets are within reasonable costs.
- Responsible for maintenance of the shop quality requirements, cleanliness, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards. Regularly inspect vehicles to ensure compliance with not only ARAMARK standards, but also Department of Transportation (DOT) standards
- Follow all and any Company workplace conduct requirements and policies.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of role to support the business.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain regular vehicle maintenance on company vehicles (primarily delivery step vans, not excluding corp. cars)
- Repair and maintain medium gas and diesel engines, brake systems, electrical systems, suspension systems and lift gates
- Conduct vehicle inspections
- Replace general automotive parts, including but not limited to brakes, tires, hoses, and belts
- Document vehicle repairs and inspections according to company guidelines
- Conduct all repairs in a safe and efficient manner
- Assist in more extensive repairs where needed, based on experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of DOT regulations, vehicle maintenance and applicable state vehicle laws to meet required standards.
- Military maintenance experience is a plus.
- Proficient in preventive maintenance control systems and in parts procurement and inventory control
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast pace environment.
- Maintain a collaborative and team oriented environment in the shop.
- Ability to have schedule flexibility to include day, evenings,and/or weekends
- Position is situated in a vehicle repair environment. Exposure to varying temperatures depending on geographical location.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates degree in Automotive Technology or equivalent on the job training preferred, but not required.
- Two years or more of experience in all phases of fleet vehicle mechanical repairs including general maintenance and repair, wiring, engine overhaul and preventative maintenance scheduling.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran