Mission Linen has an immediate opening for a Fleet Mechanic at our facility. The Fleet Mechanic must perform preventative and corrective maintenance on fleet vehicles and equipment including gas and diesel engines, hydraulic systems, air brakes, forklifts, tankers and trailers.
We are seeking hard working, motivated, and energetic individuals to work for a great company! Mission’s culture provides employees a professional, safe and positive work environment with numerous opportunities for growth and success.
BENEFITS: If you are seeking full-time employment with full benefits including; health insurance (medical, dental, vision), a retirement savings program, paid time off (sick, holiday, vacation) and MORE apply today.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect, diagnose and repair all systems and mechanisms on commercial vehicles.
- Ensure all vehicles meet operational and safety standards.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Operate all tools and mechanisms associated with automotive repair.
- Evaluates and recommends alternative methods for accomplishing vehicle preventive maintenance to ensure the most effective and efficient return on investment.
- Manages an effective preventive maintenance program for company vehicles.
- Diesel experience or a Class A is helpful, but not necessary Diesel experience or a Class A is helpful, but not necessary
Qualified candidates will have at least five years of practical experience in automotive repair, college or technical school certification, or a combination of both. The position requires a clean DMV.
Mission Linen Supply is a family owned, privately held company, and a leading provider of products, services, and supplies to hospitality, medical, and industrial businesses. Founded in 1930 and headquartered in Santa Barbara, the company has grown from a one-man operation to a leading player in the linen rental and uniform business across five western states. Mission Linen Supply is widely recognized for its ability to understand, anticipate, and meet its customers ‘needs while providing environmentally friendly goods and services.
Mission Linen Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), Affirmative Action Plan (AAP), VEVRAA Protected Veterans, Federal Contractor and Worker with Disabilities employer. Mission Linen Supply is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Worker with Disabilities needing assistance applying please feel free to call HR Office at 805-730-3612.
To be considered for employment with Mission Linen Supply, you will need to apply online at missionlinen.com, select careers and apply for the position you are interested in. We will review your qualifications and will contact you via email or phone if you are selected for an interview.