Maintain mechanical equipment (truck, trailer and reefer units) and aid in the distribution of all company products in a safe manner. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative but not limited of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required.
- Be able to access all areas of truck, trailer, reefer units and facilities as is needed to perform repairs and maintenance.
- Ability to perform basic preventive maintenance on truck, trailer and reefer units according to the manufacturer�s specifications.
- Ability to make minor repairs found during preventive maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and repair A/C and D/C electric systems; power and drive lines; air and brake systems; lift and hydraulic systems.
- Basic knowledge of TK/Carrier/Cold Plate cooling systems.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training in general vehicle maintenance and repair; or equivalent combination of continued education and experience
- Provide own basic tools
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Possess or obtain within three months of hire:
- Class B CDL
- All EPA licensing and/or certifications
- Brake Inspector Certification
- Annual Inspector Certification
Borden Dairy is an Equal Opportunity Employer