Prudential Overall Supply is looking for a talented individual that is well diversified in all aspects of truck fleet maintenance. This individual must be goal oriented and have strong safe work-habits. In this position, the Fleet Mechanic will perform a variety of tasks such as adjustments, repairs, overhauls and general maintenance to trucks in a timely and cost efficient manner.
Essential Functions of the position:
· Maintain trucks with emphasis on preventative maintenance programs to be kept 100% current.
· Maintain truck files complete with history available for evaluation and to support the quality of the truck maintenance. Truck maintenance files to be maintained to DOT standards.
· Be involved with cost control through purchasing and inventory management as well as training in areas of safety to assure that truck assets are managed within reasonable cost.
· Maintain a system to capture weekly cost data to assure that managers are cognizant of where they are financially at all times.
· Interface with management and provide appropriate information on areas of controllable truck costs.
· Responsible for maintenance of the shop standards of quality and housekeeping. Assures that the shop meets OSHA standards.
· Ensures that all work related to truck maintenance and repairs within department are properly completed entered in the IMaint program.
· Perform other duties as required or assigned which are within scope of the activities listed above.
Education in any of the following:
High School Diploma or GED.
VO-Tech Graduate or Military Maintenance Experience.
Associate degree in Automotive Technology or equivalent on the job training.
Experience in the following areas:
5 or more years working as a fleet mechanic or an Associates degree in Automotive Technology.
Proficient with all paperwork requirements for operating a shop to DOT standards
Proficient in preventive maintenance control systems
Proficient in parts procurement and inventory costs
Quality Service since 1932/no calls no walk-ins