You are responsible for high speed flex design at Global Consumer Device team in Cupertino, CA (Work from Home)
Determine component requirements, and develop / review schematic designs for innovative camera module related circuits containing digital image sensors, microcontrollers, low-noise power supplies, and high-speed serial interfaces.
Work with vendors / cross functional teams for developing camera module circuits to ensure correct operation over the specified voltage and temperature
Direct layout and/or supervision of layout for Flex / Rigid / Rigid-Flex fab assemblies.
Analyze Camera module performance and noise data and create appropriate documentation for sharing info with boarder team.
Debug EE issues, including power quality, high-speed signal integrity and I2C interface performance.
- High speed flex design experience
- High speed layout experience
- 5+ years relevant experience Expertise in electronic design, including component selection, schematic design, and schematic capture and layout tools.
- Extensive experience with EE design for digital circuits, including high-speed video interfaces and low-speed serial control interfaces.
- Strong knowledge of EE design and layout for low-noise linear and switching power supply circuits, and high speed multi-gigabit serial interfaces.
- Knowledge of layout strategies for EMI minimization, signal integrity and low noise.
- Comfort and ability to apply broad knowledge of engineering concepts (device behavior, data analysis, and systems modeling).
- Ability to run many projects and project types.
- Proven ability to diagnose and tackle performance problems.
- Excellent process development and documentation skills.
- Proficient verbal and written English language skills.
- BS/MS in a relevant field (EE)
- Experience with Cadence Schematics/layout tools. Familiarity with camera and optics technology, CMOS image sensors interfaces (MIPI / DP) is a plus.
- Familiarity with micro-controller and data analysis / graphing using Matlab or JMP.
Location: Work from Home (work in Cupertino after stay at home orders lifted)
Duration: 6-12 months
Electronic Design Engineer